Adding Smileys

Started by beast, April 26, 2012, 08:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

Ok! If you want to add a new bunch of smileys to yours.  :happy:   I will try and take you
  thru it step by step. Its easy to do  :hah:

#1 First thing you need to do is go into your hard drive to documents. Then in documents create a new folder
  and rename it some thing you won't forget. I would suggest *New Smileys*  Ok, You now have a New Smiley folder to put all your smileys in  :bow:

#2 Go to any site, and look at their smileys. Or, on the net. Right click on the smiley you want to
  save. Then click on  save as When you do that it will bring up a box where you can go to your
  documents and then to your new folder. New Smileys *documents/New Smileys* Just click on New Smileys folder and click on open. The Smiley you clicked on to save as will be transferred to that folder
  Repeat this over and over till you get as many as you want.  :happy: You are doing good

Ok Now that you have your New Smileys folder full as you want. {You can always add more later} Now you can install them
#3 Go to your forum and click on Admin. Give your password. Then go down the menu to *Smileys and  Message Icons* and click on it

#4 then click on *Add Smileys* Then click on *Upload New Smiley* Then click on *Browse*. Make sure you
  have the *Same image for all sets* checked :hah:

#5 When you click on browse, you can go to your  New *Smileys folder*  Then click on the one you
want to save. Then just click on open. That part is done. Put as many as you want in

:congrats: You are done. Simple wasn't it

Now, if you want you can install them in your [more] box

#6 This you will really fly thru  :hubbahubba: You have to go to Admin/Smileys and Message Icons/Set Smiley Order After you bring the Set Smiley Order box up
All your smileys you have will be there

#7 The smiley you want to put in the [more] box.Right click on it, and a bunch of downward pointing arrows will appear on all the smileys. The smiley you clicked on will be encased in a red box.
Now look down to the bottom box, and all the way down there will be a arrow all by itself. Click on that arrow and your smiley will be transferred there

:congrats: You have did it again
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Moved to SMF Forum Help.

beast

What do ya think? Is it complete enough?

:happy: :hah:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Pretty good. It should be noted that unless the smileys you find are free for downloading you should always ask before copying someone else's hard work. Some images may be copyrighted and can get you into trouble if you do not ask first. ;)

The "more" box is called a popup. You can always modify a smiley and change the setting to popup to send it there too. ;)