Main Menu

MySQL Dumper

Started by Skhilled, February 12, 2012, 04:53:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Can't seem to keep track of how or when you backed up your database(s). If you have more than one like I do (I currently have 12 for 12 different test sites!) it can be a headache keeping them organized, backed up and restoring them.

Well, with MySQL Dumper you can do all of that and a lot more! Basically, you upload the MySQL Dumper files to a new directory on your server and run it from there. With it, you can:

1.  View all of your databases on your server as well as how many tables are in each one at a glance.
2.  Backup all of your databases.
3.  Restore all of your databases.
4.  View server info like mysql and php version, operating system, PHP-extensions, server status, free space on the server, the number of backups you have, the last backup made, and more!
5.  Create or remove directory protection for MySQL Dumper via .htaccess.
6.  Edit, insert, delete, query, etc. database tables and even more than phpmyadmin can do!
7.  Create and save different configurations to automate backups and restores.
8.  Create cronjobs to automate things.
9.  Email notification when a task is complete.
10.  Upload database up to 50mb in size. For anything larger than that you can FTP it to a folder and work it from there.
11.  FTP configuration.
12.  Backup compression, if needed.
13.  Ability to delete old tables when restoring tables.
14.  Select certain tables for backup, not just the entire db, if needed.
15.  Choose language encoding of backups as well as the ability to enter comments!
16.  Multi-part backups for larger databases.
17.  Restore for multi-part backups.
18.  Can convert .sql files to .sql.gz as well as compress them.
19.  Log your activities as well as delete the logs.
20.  PERL support.

hackrishna

Skhilled

You'll love it and will probably use it more than cPanel or phpmyadmin.

hackrishna

Quote from: Skhilled on March 11, 2012, 08:56:33 AM
You'll love it and will probably use it more than cPanel or phpmyadmin.

mmmm .. you're saying it so confidently .... i will surely try it ;)

Skhilled

hackrishna

Quote from: Skhilled on March 11, 2012, 09:35:48 AM
It's a great tool.

:o :o :o it's a great tool .. how come i didn't heard abt it yet ....  ???

anyways thanks alot very lot ..  :bow:

Skhilled

Searching and hanging out with the right people will show and teach you a lot. ;)

hackrishna

Quote from: Skhilled on March 11, 2012, 01:12:45 PM
Searching and hanging out with the right people will show and teach you a lot. ;)

well said  ;) that's why i'm here  ;D

Skhilled

I always try to hang out with people and on forums where they know more than I do. That's how you learn. Once you stop learning, you stop living...no matter what it is you wish to learn.

hackrishna

Quote from: Skhilled on March 11, 2012, 01:46:55 PM
I always try to hang out with people and on forums where they know more than I do. That's how you learn. Once you stop learning, you stop living...no matter what it is you wish to learn.

We're gng off-topic :P

Skhilled

I don't worry too much about that here. Staying on topic helps people who are just looking for what the topic is though...

Ronald

What type of a program is this. Would I benefit from it? :whistle:

Skhilled

It will backup or restore your database without using phpadmin. Yes, anyone can benefit from it.

beast

Would I know enough to use it? Or should I wait till I know more?

:dontknow:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

I suggest waiting until I create a tutorial for it...but I do believe there is one at the site where you download it but can't remember.