Main Menu

My New Toy!

Started by Ken., September 16, 2018, 11:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Pro deluxe® 2727 charcoal grill

The assembly instructions were clear and easy to follow and while I was able to put it together by myself it would have been much easier with an extra pair of hands. Next comes the seasoning for the cast iron grates which takes about four hours according to the instructions. Registering the unit puts you in a drawing that they do once each month for this nice table top unit, so me did that.  :)
Side Fire Box

... for some reason this makes me want to smoke some ribs!   :hah:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Cool! I got one similar to that from Walmart about 5 years ago. I started to get one with the smoke box but then just opted to get a larger one without it. Mine doesn't have the connection for a smoke box. So, I bought a little metal smoke box and can fill it and use it sitting right on the coals. Sometimes, I just make a foil packet and fill it with smoked wood.

Ronald

Nice Ken. I should look into getting another bar-b-que, I think the part where the gas goes in and the flame comes out is rusted out..

Ken.

Quote from: Oldcrow on September 16, 2018, 08:35:22 PM
Nice Ken. I should look into getting another bar-b-que, I think the part where the gas goes in and the flame comes out is rusted out..
Rusted out was the issue with our old one, the bottom was completely gone and we had rebuilt it twice already. It was just gas, which we didn't like, so  we were debating on what kind to get, like maybe a combo. In the end we went with charcoal only.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

beast

Mine didn't work very good. I would try and make BQ beans and they would keep falling thru the grill  :hah: :rofl1: :rofl1:

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Ken.

Spent about three hours this morning seasoning the cooker and now it's ready for it's maiden voyage.  :cool2:

Skhilled