removing backup from cpanel

Started by aura, May 24, 2015, 06:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura

Hi Skhilled

I did a backup of my forum, i have downloaded it to my computer, im looking everyone in my cpanel to where i would remove it.

Im sure you know where it would be hiding *grins* any hints?

no rush on the answer, i have to go to bed early cos of work tomorrow.

hope you got some sleep, and thank you so very much for your help in fixing my baby *hugs super tight*

aura

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

I just got home from doing laundry and will be up for awhile...and don't have to work tonight.

It is usually in /public_html OR in /home or /www...whichever of the 2 is your parent folder.

*hugs you even harder*- sorry if that hurt...  :hah:

aura

tight hugs are good .. :wink1:

thanks ... will look in those places

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

If you cannot find it let me know... You should also be able to have it send you an email with directions, I think...

Skhilled

I just looked in your cPanel and you have 2 backups which are in /softaculous_backups.

One is smf.79_33539.2013-09-25_10-53-26.tar.gz and is 57.55MB and the other is smf.79_33539.2015-05-23_08-43-12.tar.gz and is 259.8MB.

Wow! You only have 750MB max space for files on your server?!?! You really need better hosting. Most will give you a few gigs at least. Mine has 15gb and is shared hosting. For a site like yours with so many images, etc. you really need more space.

aura

I saw those

so they can be deleted? 

I was worried if i deleted them, then i would blow the place up again *yikes*

Also I will speak to Jason about a better plan because i never ever use the bandwith, space is always an issue for me.  The images people post at least they arent hosted with us. *S*

hugs thanks

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

Yes, they can be deleted. I just don't know why they put them in that folder. Softaculous is the software in cPanel that allows you to automate installs for forums, etc.

I use this hosting and have the "Medium" plan:

http://asmallorange.com/hosting/shared/

Even their "Small" plan is much better than what you have.

aura

Thanks Skhilled....

i will be able to go remove them and fix that up, i had found them but i was worried that deleting them may blow the place up.

Re the hosting, i will speak to Jason, He has been really good to me .... i try to be loyal.... yeah i know im silly *grins*

snugs
aura

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

He does help a lot but does not have good features for the price. I remember when hosting gave that kind of space about 8-10 years ago.