Google web tools

Started by Maxx, November 16, 2014, 08:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

I started this thread because, of question all over about the SEO and SMF.

First thing I like to say is, I would love to see a site map generator in the SMF at some point5, it is very much needed.

Now that being said, you need a site map and it needs to be kept up to date, on what ever settings you have for the google to craw your site! 1day, week , or monthly. ( just examples) and yest it will require much attention and trial and error to please the indexing situation. the site map:
You can search and have one done for for free. on some site up to 1000 pages, however. they will charge you monthly fee to continue >> one.

You also need to read up on and few things like .htaccess and robots text and 404.php pages.

I do not recommend setting up any types page description meta information, because it will show the same on
all your smf page. this not good, the description must show the content description of the page being viewed.

this should/will change with every page in your forum.

Now you will need to join various options pages in the Google stuff, not just the webmaster tools and the google, analytic site to get your code as well as the googe to and page (goglepage. html, with code) from webmaster tools when you join. then verify with Google.

This just a start, will try to get back on this later. or if Doc want join in, please do or remind me!
If  you pay someone manage this stuff it will cost you to say the least. so there is some work involved :)

You must read understand and learn some if you want this to work, then it will take time for it work and the rule most be followed. or you could get banned.

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Yes, getting your site indexed by the sreach engines is not as easy as one would think. Getting people to join your site and then keeping them there is an even much larger task.

I highly suggest learning to use the search engines well first! They all have similarities but they will all index your site differently. It will take some research to learn how to use them effectively. Start with one and learn it first before jumping to another. And keeping up with your ranking is always constant work! You may be number 5 this week and 203,190 next week. Remember other sites, millions just like yours are fighting for the top positions too. ;)

YouTube has tons of videos on the subject from the people who actually work for those search engines. Check them out!

And always remember that original, well thought out, and accurate content will always win!