Theme upgrades?

Started by Eyecu, November 29, 2017, 06:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyecu

Is there anywhere with specific instructions on what's need to upgrade themes between versions...ie going from a theme designed for 2.0.4 to 2.0.15?

Skhilled

Sorry, been busy and had some hosting issues lately.

I'm not sure about going back that far. But the most recent changes for Crip Zone themes can be found here:

https://www.jpr62.com/theme/index.php?topic=1356.0

And to fix the session login error for any theme...in index.template.php for the theme in question, find this:

<input type="hidden" name="hash_passwrd" value="" />

And replace it with this:

<input type="hidden" name="', $context['session_var'], '" value="', $context['session_id'], '" />

Skhilled

I've done a search at smf.org and they do not have any documentation for upgrading themes at all. One would think they would have it to cut down on support, if nothing else. That would leave more time to work on upgrades, etc.

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on December 02, 2017, 04:18:26 AM
I've done a search at smf.org and they do not have any documentation for upgrading themes at all. One would think they would have it to cut down on support, if nothing else. That would leave more time to work on upgrades, etc.

I also wanted this info a while back and couldn't find anything.  So I asked,

Question:
QuoteIf an older theme designed to work on SMF 2.0.4 for example installs ok and works, apart from the login security check.

What else is involved in updating a theme to work with the current version SMF 2.0.14

Basically asking what's involved in updating a theme to current version?  Is it more involved than just adding the login security fix.

Can anyone enlighten me please.

Answer:
should just be the login fix.

Skhilled

Thanks, Mick. But I was sure there were some code changes awhile back but I could be thinking back further than I realize. LOL

Eyecu

Thanks guys, I wasn't too sure if i was missing something or not in my searches, the login code change will be a help for sure i've noticed login errors a few times.

Skhilled

That login error started when SMF upgraded to 2.0.13, I believe. If you have a portal it will also affect your login block. So the code for that will also need to be adjusted as well.

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on December 02, 2017, 04:05:46 PM
That login error started when SMF upgraded to 2.0.13, I believe. If you have a portal it will also affect your login block. So the code for that will also need to be adjusted as well.

Steve, I think It was SMF 2.0.14 when the session check thing started.  Latest Simpleportal and Tinyportal already have the fix added to the login forms as far as I know, TP does for sure.

Skhilled

Thanks, Mick. The problem is that most people don't upgrade when they should and just want to keep patching the older versions. I've been meaning to check out the latest SP to see if that one works.