SMF Arcade v2.55

Started by Skhilled, December 26, 2017, 02:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Using latest repo, and all good so far.  Uninstalled one game and all others remained working.  Tried to break it but it's holding up well. http://cctestsite.info/forums/index.php?action=arcade

Only one problem with the raging gardens game. wouldn't work in IE11 but does in other browsers.  Apart from that the arcade itself looks pretty solid. Nice job. 

I'm hoping to soon upgrade my main arcade from SMF Arcade 2.5 RC2 to this new version when it's ready.  Not sure how that will go.

Chen Zhen

It should go fine as long as you uninstall plus delete the old version first and then upload plus install the newer version.
I still need to do some minor template adjustments that I noticed.
Raging Gardens sounds like an issue with the game itself and is likely not directly related to the Arcade coding.
I will look into Raging Gardens after I complete the template fixes.

Thank you.

lurkalot

Thanks for info.  You mean just uninstall old arcade, delete package from package manager and upload and install new version? 

I seem to remember years ago when upgrading the arcade I had to clean up my database a bit to get the new one to install, I'm hoping this one won't require this, and should pick up all my games as installed.

I won't be doing this upgrade for a while, as it will probably involve a complete rebuild. lol..

Skhilled

Mick, you don't have to delete the db, just the old one from Packages. We haven't had to do that in ages.

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on January 15, 2018, 07:43:57 AM
Mick, you don't have to delete the db, just the old one from Packages. We haven't had to do that in ages.

Sorry for late reply.  Been trying to get my head around that really annoying Tinyportal bug, to no avail I might add.  Going to have to find someone to help me with this, but that's near on impossible these days.

Thanks for the tips regarding upgrading the arcade, yep I would have probably done it that way, just wanted to make sure.  ;)

Chen Zhen

There are still issues with saving games using Chrome.
I will be looking into this possibly on the weekend.

Skhilled

Chen Zhen

I changed the pacman game to another HTML5 version that may work for mobile as well (I haven't tested it yet).
I couldn't get the other one to work properly plus the game was not complete anyhow.

Please test out the newer one in the arcade & let me know if it works properly.
I will be fixing Raging Gardens some time this week.
Tetris is also fixed on my site so it does not move the screen when using the arrow keys.
Also let me know if there are problems with any other games whether it be saving score or something else.

Thanks.

Skhilled

Seems to work well except I got an error in the logs related to the highscores.

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on February 11, 2018, 02:39:22 AM

Tetris is also fixed on my site so it does not move the screen when using the arrow keys.

Glad you noticed this one, I forgot to mention it. Thank you. 

Chen Zhen

That error has something to do with xml output and no given game id within the url.
I will look into what caused it to use that url without the game id.

Also there is an issue if the score trigger takes longer than 2 seconds because of my score loop check where it will not save the score.
I will have to adjust that subroutine.

Skhilled

beast

If ya got any questions, don't be afraid to ask.  :majornerd: I don't know any thing about it.  :groan:   A course you already knew that  :rofl1: 

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

beast

Here is what I got

Installed version: 2.5 RC5
Latest version: 2.56.10 -> Update needed

I clicked and downloaded this

Now do I just open, and try to install over my old one? Or what? will I lose all my games I have installed?

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post