Site Updates

Started by Skhilled, January 28, 2012, 07:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

skhilled.net recipe forum is now braisedbutt.com as the link for my recipe forum since it is a food related name and fits better than skhilled.net. It is also now a phpBB forum instead of SMF.

Skhilled

As you can see, I've made a few changes for the New Year!

1.  Tinyportal has been replaced with Simpleportal. The hardest part (not difficult) is converting the TP Articles to SP Pages. If anyone wishes to make the change to SP let me know and I'll be glad to help make the transition a lot easier for you.

2.  Because SP does not have a downloads integrated into it I've installed the Downloads Systems. Please bear with me as I add the arcade, etc. to the downloads...they are not available yet. I'm a tad busy over the Holidays and all.

3.  The arcade has been removed. I only installed it here for testing a few fixes I had implemented. If you wish to play an arcade, you are welcome to play at my sister site:

https://braisedbutt.com

It is a phpBB site but the arcade is much better and there will be a LOT more games installed eventually. Sometime in the new year we plan to make bridges for other forums, blogs and cms, like SMF, WP, etc. Stay tuned. ;)

4.  A new theme has been installed, "Total Blue". You are still able to choose the old themes from your Profile, if you'd like.

5.  Avea Media may be removed in favor of Simple Audio Video Embedder. An image gallery is not needed here and the only reason I installed it is for embedded videos...we'll see...

6.  Some of the badges and a few other images may be missing. They will be replaced shortly. :)

There may be more changes in the coming new year! If you have any problems, please create a topic detailing your comments and/or concerns.

7.  A Recent Topics block has been added to the front page at the bottom of te center blocks.

8.  ...and you may have noticed new images here. There will celebrate or depict Holidays or current events here in the USA or around the world!

Skhilled

The last, original SMF Arcade version 2.5 RC2 and the "updated" version I made (just cosmetic fixes to the .css files) v2.6 RC1 are now in the downloads.

Skhilled

The Ajax Chat (not the Shoutbox) has been added again! See the top center block. Only registered members can see and access it!

Skhilled

Deleted members who were not active ONLY if they were listed in the spam databases. All other inactive member accounts were left intact. ;)

Skhilled

I've neglected to upload the gamepacks to the new download system. I am going that now and it may take a day or so to complete.

EDIT: Gamepacks 1-10 are complete. More tomorrow.  ;D

Skhilled

There is now a new board category called "Computer Love". This category contains the following boards:

Projects - For any PC, software, themes, testing, or coding you may be doing.

Linux General Chat - For anything about Linux that is not related to Suse or Ubuntu.

Suse - For all this about Suse.

Ubuntu - For all things about Ubuntu.

I have moved all recent topics about computers, software, testing, and Linux to these boards. I've posted redirection links to easily find your topics. I'll remove the redirection links later.

Ken.

Good move Steve... tidy's things a bit.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Added a Music board here and moved all music topics there:

https://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?board=50.0

Skhilled

I've updated the arcade to Underdog's version so you can all see what it looks like. ;)

...and finally updated the forum to 2.0.10.  :whistle:

Ken.

Guess it's time for me to update the arcade on OFF as well.  :hah:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I did a little more reorganizing. I added a new board called "Gadgets, Devices, Apps", um, for those things. I've moved the Asus and Samsung board to it and all related topics there as well.

Gadgets, Devices, Apps

So, post your fav devices, gadgets and apps there!

Skhilled

When I get a little extra time...maybe this weekend, I'll be switching back to TP. I'll also be getting rid of Avea since it is no longer being supported and is filling my error log. It will be replaced with SMF Gallery and  Simple Audio Video Embedder.

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on May 24, 2016, 08:57:15 AM
When I get a little extra time...maybe this weekend, I'll be switching back to TP. I'll also be getting rid of Avea since it is no longer being supported and is filling my error log. It will be replaced with SMF Gallery and  Simple Audio Video Embedder.

Still waiting! :wink1:

Skhilled

Yeah, I know. LOL

Busy working on some "behind the scene" things for my grandfather. Just re-ordered some business cards...screwed up the first batch!  :baghead:

Plus got a few other things I'm working on for him and to get him motivated on this book thing...