.htaccess Protection

Started by Ronald, February 06, 2017, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

LOL, yeah, I never got around to fixing the smileys yet.

I don't think you get it. You can create a new group and give it all permissions and it will have all permissions. What you don't understand is the name "Administrator" is the default group that has all permissions be default when you create your forum. No other group has that. The other default groups do not have all permissions by default on purpose.

Since you've change the name of "Administrator" to "Owner" then created a second group called "Administrator" you are confusing the SMF's permissions. The default "Administrator" group should always be named that. You can create an "Owner" group. You can even put it in your profile in "Custom Title" like I just did...look at the left of this post under my avatar.

When you try to convert your forum the software looks for the default groups. When it does not find them it tries to do what it can to make it right...but it won't be right. That's because it is coded to find specific things and did not find them because they were changed. So it tries to "make do" the best it can and it will not be right cause the groups and permissions were not right the before the conversion.

Skhilled

I guess what I should say is that if you have never intended to convert your forum, changing the Administrator group name would have been Ok. Except for some mods it may possobly screw them up. But since you converted it, it will work again as it should.

Maxx

Administrator (Owner you) 5 stars

Depending on what they are best at?
Sample group names:

Senior Admin 4 stars
Site Admin 3 stars
Jr. Admin 2 stars

Senior Moderator
Jr. Moderator