Merge the SMF to MyBB mod FYI

Started by Maxx, September 24, 2014, 07:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

I downloaded this,  but do not have the time at present, to try it out nut sounds cool!

Presently the MyBB Merge System (1.8.0) allows you to import bulletin boards that are running:

bbPress 2.5
    FluxBB
    Invision Power Board 3, 4 (Pre Release Version)
    MyBB 1.8 (merge)
    phpBB 3
    SMF 1.1, 2.0
    PunBB 1.2
    vBulletin 4
    WoltLab Burning Board 3, 4, Lite 2
    XenForo

http://www.mybb.com/download/merge-system/

You must have the latest version of MyBB and a copy of you SMF DB on hand, the the mod must be install on the Mybb system first. ( Via ) the FTP like all mods for this system, but again I like that! :)

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

Note the Above process seems a bit complicated, so please read carefully the docs, before you try this out.
I have not the time right now. doing other stuff, and family matters! :)

regards,
maxx

Skhilled

Sounds like how phpBB converts... I had a few bumps at first but figured it out.  ;D

Maxx

Just nice to know we have things like this in case we need them later, if we have to convert or just want to change. However... I get too involved lately in the SMF stuff, I figure I'll be with if for a long while.

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Well. if you like mybb so much then give it a go on a test site. You'll know what to expect and can help others if they decide to follow your lead...plus you'll learn some things along the way.  ;)

Maxx

I doing Mirror of my HDD , cause I purchased a great WD HDD at Tigerdirect for 55 bucks 7200rpm 64mb cache ! TB storage, if it comes to day, I'll be redoing my Intel quad machine and give it a drive that it deserves, did not want to with 1TB, I like them 500GB or lass, but the price was good and I like WD. so that plus coding I'm working on don't have time yet :) has a 5 star rating the HDD. trying to stay busy..

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I've used tigerdirect for many years but not in the last 3-4 years. I used to get their circular all of the time. LOL Hdd's are pretty expensive but are very fast.