Main Menu

It Died!!!

Started by Ken., November 01, 2018, 11:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

It Died!!!   :censored:

Back in July I bought a Garmin DriveSmart 60LMT and it worked great and we liked the features that it has, but then a few days back the damn thing just turned off and never came back.  :'(

But then... Garmin to the rescue!
Turns out that I didn't actually buy this GPS from Garmin as I had originally thought. The FactoryOutletStore.com only pretends to be a Garmin affiliated outlet, but it is not, so when I called Garmin to do a return the very nice lady told me the sad news. The FactoryOutletStore.com site sold me a 2 year warranty on this refurbished unit that I thought was for a Garmin factory warranty, but it was not of course. So, trying to get coverage from the outlet store may have worked, but the very/extremely nice lady at Garmin said, "No worries, we will take care of the issue for you Mr. K, we'll send you another unit at no charge and you can send us the dead unit".

Me is loving on Garmin now.  :blowkiss:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Scrubmeister

That's great customer service!

I will buy one of their products next time I need a GPS.

Skhilled

Yes, it is! I had a tomTom but it was geting old. So, the next one I ended up getting was a Garmin and it works great. Had it for a few years now.