Senator John McCain Dies At 81

Started by Skhilled, August 26, 2018, 06:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Yesterday America lost a great American Senator and one of only a handful of Republicans that I've had respect for.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/25/politics/john-mccain-obituary/index.html

Scrubmeister

A true American hero who will be missed. Thank You for your years of selfless service to our country.

Ronald

Yes R.I.P. Senator John McCain, he truly was an American hero in many ways.. Not being an American I did follow his politics and admired him for what he stood for..

I watched a couple of specials last night of John McCain, I tell you this man sure had one heck of a life..he went through hell as a P.O.W. refused to leave his fellow prisoners behind when North Vietnam was going to release him because of who his was.. 5.5 years of hell and torture..

Skhilled

Yes, and I have respected him because he stood for ALL Americans. A real patriotic person! Most will say they are patriotic and American but will hate and stomp on the rights of others. Real Americans may disagree with what others believe in but will still fight to protect their right to believe in their ideals and beliefs as he did.  O0

Ken.

I've had some very serious, fundamental differences with many of his political points of view throughout the years, but have always respected him for his service and commitment to our nation.

He will be greatly missed, especially so in our current time of discord.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Zacharia

:(  such disrespect from the commander and chief to a veteran that was willing to give his life for his country and people Grrr ! it's unforgivable .... what message is he sending to the men and women who are currently serving under him ....
             R.I.P Maxx I put my 2 cents in for you my Friend !

Skhilled

I hear ya! I started to say something about Trump but then decided not to. These are people who help protect him and his family and he thinks nothing of them.