Changing My Security Tools

Started by Skhilled, December 23, 2015, 10:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I wasn't happy with how avast!'s selling tactics are so I've decided to change it up. I did some research and decided to try Avira and Kaspersky. since I did not wish to pay for them until I tried them out I decided to use:

Avira Free Antivirus 2016 - for my PC and

Kaspersky Internet Security For Android - for my tablet.

Yes, I know both may work different for PC than tablets but it will give me a chance to see them in action. Besides, Kaspersky's free trail only last 30 days.

So far, Kaspersky instally easily and without any problems. I'll download a few apps to my tablet and see what happens. Avira is taking its sweet old time installing so I'll have to report back when it's finished and install a few programs just to see what it does.

Chen Zhen

Skhilled

I thought about Bitdefender first but after reading a lot of mixed reviews, mostly about poor customer service, I decided to try out Ariva and Kaspersky.

Ronald

I used Avira for a long time, years ago. I ended up getting fed up with there big screen ad that appeared all the time.. But it did work good..

Back the first part of Dec. I had to fire up my old xp desktop, I installed AVG and did I get a load of crapware installed..then had a rough tough time getting AVG back out..

Avast is good also used it for quite awhile..

I bought a Tablet a couple years ago, I think I turned it on maybe twice, can't stand the thing..

Skhilled

So far, Avira is working out pretty good. It immediately found a few things that avast! missed on its first scan!

I tend to switch software every so often as no one particular one can detect everything. Also, newer version of a software that wasn't quite as good may end up being better in a newer version. They tend to jockey back and forth for supremacy and the best features. Sometimes customer support for a software can get better or worse as well. So, every couple of years (or when I start having problems) I'll switch it up a bit.

I actually love tablets..well, certain ones. LOL My current tablet started out ok then took a turn for the worse. I'm awaiting shipment on a new one that was supposed to arrive yesterday but now they are saying it will come by tomorrow.