avast! License Fraud?

Started by Skhilled, August 23, 2015, 07:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Yesterday, I just paid for avast! Premier Service which is supposed to be for one year. So, one year from yesterday should be 8/22/2016. My email receipt and in my account on their server says it expires 3/9/2016??? Not even 3/22/2016?  :ohmy2: Only half a year???

I highly suggest that if you have paid services from avast! to check your billing and account info very closely!  :majornerd:

I've send them an email asking for an explanation and have yet to have a reply other than their automated email response. I'll keep you all abreast of what happens.

Maxx

Thanks Doc!

I never liked their software and it has failed me a few times and Even the very well know paid programs have failed, I'll stick to the Free stuff I have been using for many years. There are none you can real bet the farm on... lol so why should pay?

Also it seems that none of programs can do it all well. :)

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

It has been working very well for me the past 2 years so I figured I'd pay for the service. Still awaiting a reply...

Ken.

I hate it when a company makes me feel like that they have tricked me, or taken advantage in some way.  :censored:

Hope you get it sorted Steve... stay on them, don't let them get away with anything.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I sure won't! LOL

I'm just glad I've noticed it. I've made copies of the email and all license/subscription pages from my account. And I'll post them on all of the review sites pending what they have to say...if anything.

Maxx

Possibly it's an automation glitch in the system, I always renew stuff manually so to keep track, and record on them all.

hosting Domains all things! :) Just me

regards,
Maxx

Chen Zhen

Imo Panda or Bit Defender are decent free AV's at this time.
A commercial paid version for those two are supposed to give better protection but they do have top rated free protection.
I've never had an issue while using any popular top rated free versions as of yet.

BTW - where is Avast based out of? Did they give you the date in that format?
If it's European then 3/9/2016 is September 3rd of 2016 ~ not March 9th.

Yup.. Avast is based out of Prague (Czech Republic) which is Central Europe.
ref. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avast_(software_company)

You are getting a year subscription as it appears your enrollment period commences on Sept. 4th of each year until Sept. 3rd of the following year.

Skhilled

You know...I should have caught that! I have replied to the them stating my error with the date and have asked for verification to be sure. But as soon as I "started" reading your post I realized what happened.  :baghead:

After all of these years I should have picked up on it.  :rofl1:

Ken.

Quote from: Skhilled on August 24, 2015, 09:34:36 AM
You know...I should have caught that!

After all of these years I should have picked up on it.  :rofl1:

Welcome to the club... 'OFWCRTRTFM'  :coverface:
(Old Farts Who Can't Remember Too RTFM!!!)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I was actually right the first time! They said it is an upgrade so it only is good for the length of my original service.

I will not renew and will be using something else. It was only $10 so it is not bad but their wording said it was good for one year.