Google Street View Cars Steal WiFi Passwords!

Started by Skhilled, August 02, 2015, 03:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Google Street View cars were found to be collecting data from unsecured Wi-Fi networks in 30 countries worldwide; Google feeds this data into its location database, the Google Location Server, and now collects from Android phones and tablets.

To opt-out your wifi from the Google Location Server you need to append the following to your router's SSID:

"_nomap"

I think people need to start a petition against this type of thing to let them know it's not right to automatically steal passwords! I'm not sure about other countries but in the USA it is supposed to be against the law or should be!

Ken.

That is scary, but, not surprising.

Steve, I think you're right about the need to start a petition.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

Well... on the Hist Chanel, they mentioned that the Halls Of Congress, has copies of all Text messages ever sent. We'd be surprised to learn what all is going on. But there is always two side to every coin. I this world today there is so much going, that we all have ignored for too long, or have not even heard about. WE can go day by day hope that they get all right! By the time you try to set one thing right 100 more pops up or so!

Too much Too Fast!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Yeah, I've heard about the texts and phone messages being gathered. But that's the government and we probably can't do much about that. However, companies should never be allowed steal passwords without your permission first! WiFi Sense should not be turned on my default!

I can see how it can be useful but just giving it out without your permission first is not right no matter how you look at it and something needs to be done about it before this starts a trend.

Skhilled