FindWide Search

Started by Skhilled, April 02, 2015, 09:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I was installing software today and must have missed something that was bundled with them and started getting messages asking to install Findwide Search! So, I Googled it and found this along with how to remove it.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-findwide-search-virus/

AdwCleaner got rid of it very quickly and is FREE!

https://toolslib.net/downloads

Skhilled

Ken.

Yes, you must always do a custom install because so many programs come bundled with junk software programs and I hate that.

Trying your AdwCleaner now... it's a new one one me.  :hah:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Ken.

Found some unwanted stuff including the vToolbarUpdater17.3.0 that was left over from AVG virus software that was installed at one point some time ago.

Nice app.  :happy:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Quote from: Ken. on April 03, 2015, 06:15:50 AM
Yes, you must always do a custom install because so many programs come bundled with junk software programs and I hate that.

I always do but I think I missed something while installing my proggy's.

Maxx

First Glad you got the machine working and got ride the baggage that came with some software. I agree with both of you, and I always post this on sites for people to see.

And even if it's not Trojan or Virus... if it pops ups it will slow down your system (like adware of any type!). Yes always read and custom install only what you want. And try to get it from the direct source even Cnet, Download com has stuff that slips by them!

I feeling real bad lately so maybe MIA, at times, Too many meds causing too many problems :)

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

It's more of an annoyance than anything else but I still don't like them and get rid of them immediately!

So far, the PC is running smoothly...except for some minor Windows annoyances. LOL

Maxx

When I installed Win 8 I had to delete allot of junk that came with it, APPs I'll never use and links to get apps I*ll never use,

Just keep0 the News wealth and maps and useful stuff and have it come up to the desk top, not the default!

But I like it, many do not like changes, so they will put down. But they have to try and once they use to it, it kinda nice.

I still love Windows 7 though and have it on two PCs  stand by desk top. and my Main secondary drive.
Win 8.1 on the laptop!

The main Desk top has wi8n 10 preview o9n the First drive!

regards,
maxx

Skhilled

I haven't got rid of the things that came with Win 8.1 yet. Haven't even look at that yet cause I don't like that app look on my desktop and use a classic shell with a start menu. I only like apps on my tablet.