Windows 10 Creators Update

Started by Skhilled, April 05, 2017, 08:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Skhilled

When you get an update please check the version number! There is also a "version 1607" that is also available. Make sure you get that one then try to upgrade to "Creators" which is "version 1703".

I got an upgrade this morning and thought it was the latest only to find out it wasn't.. LOL

davejo

I read in my new Computer Active that MS will be rolling it out as soon as 5th April for some newer PC's, I know that's retrospective now, but all the same it means that it's iminent.

I just hope it does mess with my settings, every time it does an update I have to reset everything back to the way I lke it...I have to admit that I'm still a Windows 7 man at heart and that's what my sytem looks like.

Skhilled

I've been using Windows since the first one and was even a beta tester for some time but I truly think Win 10 is the worst one ever! It does have its advantages, tho...

Ken.

My system finally updated, it only took about 10 hours.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I just checked and mine's not ready yet...probably cause it's custom built.

davejo

Nothing with mine either. I'm away for a few days so I wont see anything until Thursday anyway.

davejo

Got my update now, which took around an hour. I'm happy to say that if you select 'No' for all the recommendations then everything looks the same as it did before, which makes me very happy

Skhilled

Still waiting for mine. :(

EDIT: OK, just checked and getting it now...

Skhilled

I'm still upgrading since yesterday morning and it's at 91%!!! So, I may not be online much until it's done. I hope soon but it probably won't be done until tomorrow sometime...

Skhilled

Was taking too long so I rebooted and went back to the previous version. I may finish with the install at a later time...

EDIT: I've forgot to mention that I haven't been online the past 2 days due to the upgrade. :P

Skhilled

OK, M$ has done away with the setting to disable upgrades. So, I've been rebooting it to stop the process. Then I decided to use the "Restart Options". You will still get the download but you will be able to schedule a date and time for the install. I've set it for the 20th (the latest it allowed me) and for a time that I'm not using the PC...don't have it turned on. This means it can't do it. LOL I'm dying to see what happens...

I'm currently looking for Linux distros to replace Windows. This is getting to be far too much.

davejo

I wonder if setting the clock back by 1 year would help that?

Not sure if that still works but it's what we used to do to extend shareware programs deadlines

Skhilled

LMAO! I remember doing that! Hmmm, with the way they track everything I doubt if it will work. But it can't help to try it.