Windows Re install today

Started by Maxx, August 08, 2015, 09:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Fond on the Widows 10 a tool that allows you to re install and or down load the tools to a stick , so you install to multiple qualified machines. this many may know some may not,

Ok I install a Graphic card, and re-installed the win10 and did not keep any old setting and apps, so kinda like a fresh install. What this did yfor me was clear out the old ATi on board graphics errors I was getting and also unable to uninstall the driver for this old chipset.

NOTE: that now when i did this install Windows I notice this time you can, if you look good and do not rush, have the ability to turn off many of default privacy settings, during install and setup _Kool!

This Pc keep in mind did not have many things installed It my Back up machine, with only the basics, the main machine has all files backed up on a secondary Drive and I keep , external HDD back ups also!

This only and FYI and  ideas for those who do not know!

regards,
maxx

Skhilled

Maxx

Yes Sir... and from a DVD also. But the thing is it corrected the error I had, by doing it the way I mentioned above :)

So now the Widows 10 works without errors and with generic windows video driver... What getting at to uninstall your Video driver program or software before install windows 10 when they say they need to check with their partner.

I'm research now on the driver work around and or installing your drivers manually>> shall get back if I find good way to this.

Just updating my findings on this topic!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Maxx

Doc,

Hows your Video Card working and it's driver for win 10? you mention a while back it may have an issue?

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

It's working fine now. It found the correct driver and so far no problems. :)

Maxx

Glad,

you got cause this helps give more memory resource, less strain the System ram, just so others know! :)

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Maxx

Yes very nice , but if you wait a wile maybe the price will go way down, is $225 at walmart free shipping , not much better in price.

regards,
maxx

Skhilled

Yeah, already been looking at Walmart pricing, too. ;)

That one's not bad either.

I was also looking at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Display-Graphics-02G-P4-3757-KR/dp/B00J0ISHMQ/ref=sr_1_8?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1439137281&sr=1-8&keywords=video+cards

But I'd rather have something with 4gb ram. I need to read up on them a bit more to see what the differences are. Some only have 2gb memory and are more expensive, etc. I know how many slots it takes up drives up the price as well as better cooling and more power.

Maxx

I use to buy from Amazon, but I get my stuff way faster from Walmart and been buy from them for a long time now, I also buy my month personal goods from them at the same time each month. I have found in some case things from Amazon are way higher priced than with Walmart. But I always check serval place first , most time I wind up getting it from Walmart :) Very happy with their service, safes me from standing inline and gas and carry the stuff in to the house... Not lazy Old and sick!

Some states have complete online shopping from Walmart, hope comes here soon!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

The difference for Walmart and Amazon here is Walmart you have to spend $35 for free shipping. Amazon only needs $25. But I'm also an Amazon Prime member and get 2 day free shipping. Walmart will deliver it to the store for free but I have to pick it up at the store myself...which I don't mind doing. But I have to wait for them to ship to the store only on their store delivery dates.

So, it doesn't matter much either way. But unless Walmart has a good sale on it then I just go with Amazon.

If I go with the more expensive one then I won't need to upgrade it any time soon. I can also wait for around X-mas time when everyone gives me Amazon gift cards for X-mas and my birthday! LOL