Main Menu

Hi im aura

Started by aura, March 02, 2014, 04:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura

Hi everyone

Im aura, i am a happy go lucky aussie, i run a graphics forum.

For some time i have been trying to install the SMF arcade without success and i found this forum and after some reading i got it installed.  Now to get the games installed. *grins*

Thanks for providing a great forum.

aura

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

Welcome aboard and thank you, aura!

The arcade is no longer maintained but I can try to help if you have a problem with it. :)

Can you post a link to your forum so I can see it?

aura

hi thankyou

this is a link to my forum, most of it is made for members only but you can get a bit of a feel of it *S* if you wish to look more i can set you up with a membership or your welcome to join *S*

http://elements-of-design.org/index.php

its called Elements of Design, fondly named Elements by most of us

i have got one game pack installed, i am a total yahtzee addict, do you know if thats included in any of the game packs?

thanks for the welcome its nice to be here and i havent managed to get told off yet *chuckles*

aura

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

I think there was a yatzee game in one of the packs but haven't played the arcade myself in quite awhile and do not have it installed here...but I will have a look in my local files to see if there is one or if I have one.

I've used PS for a long time but am not an artist by any means. LOL I'm an amateur photographer and using mostly to edit my photos. But I am a fan of good artwork and was why I asked for a link so I can see some of your work. :)

and unless you do something pretty bad, you won't get told off...not yet. LOL

aura

i have found i get told off when asking questions others think are stupid..... but they arent to me ...
im learning ....
thanks for this place i have learnt lots reading here .....*S*
the banner at the top of the forum is my work ....
oohh and i just approved you *S*

aura

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

To me... There are no stupid questions. What is not very smart is to not ask questions or give up before trying. When you stop learning, you stop living.

I've been surfing the net for over 25 years. When I started when you asked someone a question the answer usually was "RTFM" (read the @#$%^& manual). LOL The problem was either there was no manual, the manual was hard to find, or it was written for uber geeks. I've always wished it was easier for people to learn things and fun. When things are fun you learn easier and faster.

When I started getting into forums I came up with an idea to do just that. That is how this site was born. Cause no matter how smart you think you are, you had to start somewhere and where a "Noob" at one time yourself. So why act so high and mighty like you are better than everyone else? I don't even like the word "noob" cause it makes people feel like they are stupid or not capable of learning and prefer preople do not use it here.

The banner on your forum is really good and compliments Crip's theme very well. :)

Here's a gamepack that includes Yatzee. They are IBP games so you will have to change the settings in the game's settings to IBP so they will submit a score. ;)

http://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item76

aura

Thankyou so much

Your words echo often what i say and i use to work in helping adult learn things, and i always said "adults learn best by doing" and thats how i have learnt by reading by asking questions, and hell even getting mad at things *grins*

thankyou so much for the game pack ....

and about the banner... Crips theme is wonderful i love it... i changed the background as when we where hosted for free its one i made for that, and it sort of says Elements to me *S*

We have a lovely group of folks that use the forum...

im so glad i found your site.

aura

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

aura

squeals cos i got it installed and the settings right and a score submitted....

now i can play it on my own site ...

thankyou  :bow:

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

You're very welcome!  O0