SMF Arcade v2.55

Started by Skhilled, December 26, 2017, 02:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on December 28, 2017, 08:59:04 AM
Try it now. It comments worked for me but there isn't a setting just for enable/disable comments. But there is one for editing them and I've enable it.

OK, so they are active for me again now, so looks like the setting for the edit comments turns them on and off.  Comments still not saving for me though.

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 28, 2017, 01:28:26 AM

Comments are working for me.
What browser are you using?
Perhaps it is browser specific but I would like to know so I can resolve the problem.

Tried in Edge and IE11 haven't tried the others yet.  This game for example, https://www.docskillz.com/docs/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=54

When I click send score, it saves the score and gives me a box to leave a comment in.  Clicking save the page refreshes the page getting rid of the comment input box as expected, but as you can see there is no comments against my scores.

Skhilled

It works in chrome.

Confirmed! Comments do not work in Edge.

lurkalot

Thanks for confirming that Steve. ;)

Now another problem I've noticed, the category icons.  Uploaded a gif for each of my cats, and they uploaded and show on the arcade admin page ok.  But viewing the categories in the arcade they don't show.  file name get changed somehow from Defence_Games to Defence_Games.gif.gif

or another example, see screenshots, 1st one shows the image in arcade admin.  Second one shows missing image, and properties showing the double gif on the end of the file name.

Skhilled

Looks like a coding issue of sorts.

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on December 28, 2017, 03:22:15 PM
Looks like a coding issue of sorts.

Chen Zhen,  I noticed you added some more fixes over at the GitHub repo a few hours ago, https://github.com/Underdog-01/SMF-Arcade-RC5/commit/84a9f5941a38bb5d0d9cd0a3e91b41234ed264bd

now running this on my test site. http://cctestsite.info/forums/index.php?action=arcade Category images are now working.  Comments are still not saving in IE11 but not sure if you've tried fixing that yet.

Apart from that all looking good atm. Thank you.

lurkalot

OK, a new issue since those fixes were applied.

Look at a score and just clicking the edit comment button now generates a error in the log.  Also clicking the save button no longer does anything.

Type of error: Undefined 
http://cctestsite.info/forums/index.php?action=arcade;sa=highscore;xml;
8: Undefined index: comment
File: /home/cameracr/public_html/cctestsite.info/forums/Sources/Subs-ArcadePlus.php
Line: 848

This line $output[] = ' ' . Array2XML($data, null, $elements[$k], $indent++);

A few lines of code including that line, from /Sources/Subs-ArcadePlus.php. elseif (is_numeric($k))
fatal_lang_error('arcade_internal_error', false);
else
{
if (!empty($elements) && !((in_array($k, $elements) && !is_array($data)) || (isset($elements[$k]) && is_array($data))))
continue;

if (is_array($data))
{
$output[] = '<' . $k . '>';
$output[] = ' ' . Array2XML($data, null, $elements[$k], $indent++);
$output[] = '</' . $k . '>';
}
else
{
if ($data === false)
$data = 0;
elseif ($data === true)
$data = 1;

if (!is_numeric($data))
$output [] = '<' . $k . '><![CDATA[' . $data . ']]></' . $k . '>';
else
$output [] = '<' . $k . '>' . $data . '</' . $k . '>';
}
}
}

Skhilled

Thanks for posting that, Mick. :)

Chen Zhen

There isn't a string or array key named comment from the file/line you just referenced.
Anyhow the comment issue should be fixed now.

Ideally this should be tested on:  IE 11, MS Edge, Firefox, Opera, Chrome & Safari.
Those are the leading browsers where javascript behavior can differ.
I only tested this on Ms Edge & Firefox thus far and it seems to be working.

For the moment, I was not able to duplicate the errors you reported.
If they still occur after applying the newer package, please quote the exact error & report it.
Thanks.

Skhilled

I should have noticed that but have been running back and forth since last night. I don't see "comment" anywhere in the file I have except for "commentform3". Me thinks there's a conflict with another mod, perhaps?

Btw, do you know what game was being played when you got the error?

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on December 31, 2017, 08:16:23 PM

There isn't a string or array key named comment from the file/line you just referenced.
Anyhow the comment issue should be fixed now.

Ideally this should be tested on:  IE 11, MS Edge, Firefox, Opera, Chrome & Safari.
Those are the leading browsers where javascript behavior can differ.
I only tested this on Ms Edge & Firefox thus far and it seems to be working.

For the moment, I was not able to duplicate the errors you reported.
If they still occur after applying the newer package, please quote the exact error & report it.
Thanks.

Thanks, all working ok now, comments working, and edit comments working no errors so far.  Tested in IE11 and Chrome, firefox, and edge.

Great Job.  :cheers:

Skhilled

Do you know what the problem was?

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on January 01, 2018, 05:52:04 AM
Do you know what the problem was?

Not sure myself, but whatever Chen Zhen fixed in the last few hours seems to have sorted it, I'm running the latest repo version last updated 3 hours ago.  https://github.com/Underdog-01/SMF-Arcade-RC5/commits/master

I can attach it here if you like?

Skhilled

Sure, if you want. I had planned on doing it after most of the bugs were sorted but atm, I'm baking Mint Brownie Bars. LOL

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on January 01, 2018, 06:06:40 AM
Sure, if you want. I had planned on doing it after most of the bugs were sorted but atm, I'm baking Mint Brownie Bars. LOL

Mint Brownie Bars sound good.  :cooking:

OK, I'll attach it to this post, and you can move it to where you want it.  All packaged up and ready to install, with all GitHub stuff removed as normal.  :cheers:

Skhilled

Thanks, Mick. :)

Now I can relax for about an hour then fix them.