Ask a Stupid Question...

Started by Skhilled, May 31, 2015, 08:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I've heard a lot of questions asked that can seem to "stupid" but may just be from people who do not know and wish to know about something. However...

Ken.

I know that the reply was supposed to be sarcastic humor, but if it was me asking that "dumb" question I would be really pissed over that answer!  :censored:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Yeah, I can see a fight breaking out over that one.

It was posted on amazon.com...a real question someone asked about a router.

beast

I know Steve can tell you that I'm by far from being the sharpest nail on the sack. He has went over and over diff. things trying to teach me things. He never once called me stupid, and always took his time with me. I would of been truly hurt if he did call me something like that. I don't think I would of ever asked him any thing ever again

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

There are no stupid questions...at least not here. Everyone doesn't know something and wants to learn it. You can never learn by not asking. Maybe people will laugh but if you keep asking enough people someone will help eventually. :)

Ronald

It's a typical question asked by many.. I've seen people buy a computer and wonder why they can't see anything.. Duh..ya need the Internet!

Skhilled

Or to plug it in and turn it on...LOL'

There has been actual cases of people calling into tech support wondering why the PC was not working and that was why.

Zacharia

Many years ago when I was just learning one of my trades my boss told me that the only stupid question was the one you didn't ask  ;)

Skhilled

Exactly! The person who asks is trying to learn, the one who doesn't isn't learning.

Like I always say, "when you stop learning, you stop living..."

Ronald

I have been actually called "Noisy" for asking to many questions..

I recall a story back a good many years now.. I have a good Mexican friend, she owns her own Mexican restaurant..

The wife and I go there to visit quite often. One time she had a young Mexican guy, waiting on the tables, and in his spare time he'd play the guitar and sing songs as he walked from table to table..

One time he came over to our table and sat with us, being I like to know more about people I asked him a few questions, just about himself and his Country he left behind..

Well next time we visit the restaurant, he is not there, I asked Linda where he was, she says I don't know he just disappeared the day after you talked to him..

Makes you think?

Maxx

I agree, the questions do not bother, me what does people that think they are too smart or good to share and answer, and no matter what the topic is or you or I know best, everyone had to start, the question!
no one is is better than than the other, at some things maybe.

where did you come from? a My mother (as do we all) :)
whats up? the sky?
what are you up to? about 6'1"
What's going on? time!

When I worked in PR for a while with the Navy, they would ask what part of NY do you come from? but that is not as bad the amount people, that do not know Puerto Ricans are natural born US citizens! ( even some from the News) :)

All starts with the question!

regards,
Maxx

Ronald

I was just inquiring as to some of his background, so I could maybe talk more to him..like his interests or his Country..

Maybe he figured I was Border Patrol or some kind of Immigration person..

I was in Texas at my son's place, him and I went to Border Patrol office in Houston, to change some locks, they had a few cells loaded with Mexicans to be returned..

I knew for sometime that Puerto Rico was part of the USA.. Sometimes when I contact ATT support I get a guy from Puerto Rico, who does speak very good english..

Maxx

I understand, I was joking a bit above, And getting to know some one is a good and thing, more should so, but now days everyone is so touchy, not like when we grew, we would call each other Names and comeback lines just practice. But if i were new, even being a US citizen and some asked be question, I would have wonder, what was on  his mind.  But to up and disappear? It's possible the owner told him not to talk, to keep his self out of trouble! Who knows.

" everyone has had to fight to be free!"  so if they work pay taxes and send money home, I don't see any issues and of course stay out trouble.

Mine came from Germany and Ireland way back when and that's what maid this country, people form all over and I have  Jewish first name!~ I had to deal with a reading disorder from childhood, so now you know why I'm so screwed up LOL! old and half blend!

regards,
Maxx

Ronald

Don't feel to bad Maxx, I'm a frog, that means Frenchman..My dad was French from France, my mom was English from England..

When my  dad's family settled into Canada, they married into the Indian (Wyandotte Tribe) here is where some of my relatives reside, well buried: http://www.internationalmetropolis.com/2007/07/11/wyandotte-indian-cemetery/comment-page-1/

Then when I married, I ended up marrying the Italian mafia boss (not really just what we called her.) Yea like twice..

I'm old now and this is all history, and none is in books..

Maxx

Yea ,.... it's what one does and how he or she treats others that counts!
The other stuff it's just being picky or maybe uppity!

I am nothing like, where I came from, in the world, and not even like my family, all my good and or bad, comes from me :)
Had to teach myself most everything the hard way, but would not change for the world, and sure glad I'm not touch by money or monetary values!

regards,
Maxx