SMF Arcade v2.55

Started by Skhilled, December 26, 2017, 02:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

Quote from: lurkalot on January 01, 2018, 07:36:20 AM
Tried a html5 one, it uploaded but took a while, quite big by the look of it.  Then got a error when going to manage Installations,

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6344795 bytes) in /home/cameracr/public_html/cctestsite.info/forums/Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 412

You need to opt html5 uploading in the arcade settings.
It uses a method that breaks files down into chunks which allows large file uploads.
Go to: Admin -> Arcade -> Arcade Settings
.. and check-mark the box that says "Use HTML5 Upload Script" then save the settings.
Try uploading a game archive after making that change.

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on January 01, 2018, 10:08:32 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on January 01, 2018, 07:36:20 AM
Tried a html5 one, it uploaded but took a while, quite big by the look of it.  Then got a error when going to manage Installations,

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 6344795 bytes) in /home/cameracr/public_html/cctestsite.info/forums/Sources/Subs-Package.php on line 412

You need to opt html5 uploading in the arcade settings.
It uses a method that breaks files down into chunks which allows large file uploads.
Go to: Admin -> Arcade -> Arcade Settings
.. and check-mark the box that says "Use HTML5 Upload Script" then save the settings.
Try uploading a game archive after making that change.

Thanks for that info. 

I have a question abut the html5 gamepacks.  I don't usually upload gamepacks and normally opt for just installing the games I want.  But for the purpose of testing the arcade I installed gamepacks 24 / 25.  Some of the games worked, and some didn't can't remember which ones and will have to install again to find out.  There was a couple more that I decided to uninstall for testing this routine.

I noticed that when I uninstalled one game, some of the others stopped working.  Is this normal behavior when working with gamepacks ?

Chen Zhen

No it is not.
I am able to install all games without one affecting another.

lurkalot

Thanks.  It was more a case of un-installing one or more games that caused problems with others in the game packs.

Chen Zhen

So you are reporting that uninstalling multiple games is not working correctly?

lurkalot

Quote from: Chen Zhen on January 02, 2018, 09:42:47 PM

So you are reporting that uninstalling multiple games is not working correctly?

Chen Zhen I will have to test this again when I get back from work,  but what I found was, just uninstalling one single game from a game pack caused problems with the remaining games in the pack.

Scenario:  I installed game pack 24 - 25 then then found one or two that either didn't work, or I just didn't want.  So went to manage games where all the games from those packs are listed separately as expected.  Ticked box on one of the games and clicked uninstall selected game.  That's when I noticed some of the other html5 games from the packs stopped working.

lurkalot

OK.  Gave it another test.  This time installed just game pack 24

1: Uploaded gamepack 24
2: Went to manage installations and ticked the box for each game in the pack and clicked install selected. 
3: Tested each game, they all worked except one = Raging Gardens
4: Uninstalled the Raging Gardens game (only).
5: If you look at the screenshot below, you'll see it's removed the thumbs etc from the other games in that pack.  The other games from that pack no longer work.

Skhilled

Sorry guys! Been very busy with the holidays and birthdays and all...

EDIT: I installed a new test forum and installed gamepack 23. Raging Gardens does work for me but does not save scores nor allows you to view highscores after playing from within the game.

And yes, the images are missing from the other games after uninstalling it. Btw, I was using Chrome.

EDIT 2: I then deleted everything and started over. This time I installed Gamepack 25. Since Raging Gardens was the last game of Gamepack 23, I wondered if the last game in the pack was the one causing problems. So, I immediately went to the last game of the gamepack (25) which was Pacman and played it. It did not save a score and gave this error:

"Score was not saved because session is missing"

I uninstalled it and, again, the images were missing from the other games!

Chen Zhen

I will have to work on these later in the week or possibly weekend.
The games are saving score but show the error.
Perhaps it is related to the most recent changes I made because it was working previously.

Skhilled

Ok, if you uninstall any game the icons will be missing. I started anew with a fresh SMF install and uninstalled a different game and the same happened. The game did save the score, saved the comment and also allowed me to edit the comment.

https://docskillz.com/arcade2/index.php?action=arcade

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on January 04, 2018, 02:42:20 AM
Ok, if you uninstall any game the icons will be missing. I started anew with a fresh SMF install and uninstalled a different game and the same happened. The game did save the score, saved the comment and also allowed me to edit the comment.

https://docskillz.com/arcade2/index.php?action=arcade

Steve, as mentioned above when I uninstalled one of the games, not only did the game thumbs go missing but the other games in the pack stopped working.  Is this not the case for you?  Your other games from that pack continued to work?  Note: I was testing gamepack 24

Skhilled

Yes, the all games are no longer working. Furthermore, all of the files for all games are deleted but not the directories! I've just checked wondering if any of the files were removed. If you go into "Edit Games" in the admin you'll see "Main File Missing" in red under each game. It appears that the code to remove one game removes them all, perhaps?

EDIT: I just uploaded the games again (except for the one I uninstalled) just to see if more was wrong with it but they all work again. So, it seems all of the files are deleted when you uninstall one of the games.

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on January 04, 2018, 06:35:14 AM
Yes, the all games are no longer working. Furthermore, all of the files for all games are deleted but not the directories! I've just checked wondering if any of the files were removed. If you go into "Edit Games" in the admin you'll see "Main File Missing" in red under each game. It appears that the code to remove one game removes them all, perhaps?

EDIT: I just uploaded the games again (except for the one I uninstalled) just to see if more was wrong with it but they all work again. So, it seems all of the files are deleted when you uninstall one of the games.

Thanks for the confirmation, glad it's not just me. ;)

lurkalot

Just a quick question.  Am I right in saying the arcade doesn't have a responsive layout?  Or is this built into one of the alternate themes?

Skhilled

Good question! I can't remember testing that but will.

EDIT: Not sure if it's responsive or not but all themes seem to work well on my cell and tablets.