My grandfather in the news again...

Started by Skhilled, October 16, 2015, 07:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on June 04, 2016, 08:17:58 PM
Yup, sure am proud of him. And yes, he does look a lot younger than 91! It's in the genes. When I was a teen everyone thought my Mother was my sister. It didn't help that she was only 5'2". LOL

Even now, I'm 54 and women in their 30's hit on my thinking I'm much younger.  O0

Women are not uppose to be hitting on you, your a married man..

Nice to have younger genes.. My dad was 92 when he passed, had very little grey hair and a full head of hair..Very active up to the day he passed away..looked much younger also..

Skhilled

Nope, I'm not married. And it's not that they aren't supposed to hit on you when you're married...it's that you should not agreed to their "suggestions". LOL You made the agreement to be only for one person, not them.

Marriage shouldn't stop you from being attractive to another person, it should stop you from being available to another person. If marriage stop you from being attractive then something is wrong with your marriage. ;)

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on June 04, 2016, 08:45:19 PM
Nope, I'm not married. And it's not that they aren't supposed to hit on you when you're married...it's that you should not agreed to their "suggestions". LOL You made the agreement to be only for one person, not them.

Marriage shouldn't stop you from being attractive to another person, it should stop you from being available to another person. If marriage stop you from being attractive then something is wrong with your marriage. ;)

I thought you were married, you talk about a wife and kids at times..

Myself I have been married I think 4 times now..I have been living with the same lady now for 23 years, and never did get married..Works fine for both of us..

Skhilled

No, I talk about a woman and kids...not a wife. I have never been married just for those reasons. If you claim to love someone and wish to marry them then why do you want to change them only if you are married? Then you are marrying for the wrong reasons, I'd think. Yes, you will change throughout life for various reasons. But it should not be because something you are not.

I will not marry someone who wants me to change only after we are married...or wants things differently just because we are married. To me, that is not what marriage is about. It is the union of to people who love each other and accept each other for whom they are individually...which is the reason why they fell in love in the first place...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on June 04, 2016, 09:07:12 PM
No, I talk about a woman and kids...not a wife. I have never been married just for those reasons. If you claim to love someone and wish to marry them then why do you want to change them only if you are married? Then you are marrying for the wrong reasons, I'd think. Yes, you will change throughout life for various reasons. But it should not be because something you are not.

I will not marry someone who wants me to change only after we are married...or wants things differently just because we are married. To me, that is not what marriage is about. It is the union of to people who love each other and accept each other for whom they are individually...which is the reason why they fell in love in the first place...

Yes I follow your explanation. But, there is a but in here, and just for legal purposes, if you were to pass away, the lady you with can not collect your social society payments.

The rest is fine you can leave them your estate and insurance and other things..How about health care, if you very ill and can not manage your affairs, you need someone to sign for you, because living common law in the USA is not recognized by the US government..

They recognized just about everything else but not common law..

It's hard to know what to do in cases like this.. Myself included, I have no legal entities when living in the USA, even though Jane is American and I have lived with her for 23 years..

In Canada we are common law, but Canada recognizes common law as legal marriage after 5 years..

Am I confused now or am I confusing you too..

Skhilled

No, she cannot collect social security nor anything else because we are not married. I am aware of that.

Yes, as far as I'm aware of, you are correct. And I do not plan to leave my things for someone I am not married to. I actually, don't plan to stay with her...it's just not working out. We had 2 kids and the only reason I am still here is to take care of them or I would have left long ago.

My youngest has one more year until he is 21. As far as my legal affairs, my kids have been included years ago and someone has been appointed to do the necessary things should I pass away or am unable to make decisions on my own.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on June 05, 2016, 06:02:04 AM
No, she cannot collect social security nor anything else because we are not married. I am aware of that.

Yes, as far as I'm aware of, you are correct. And I do not plan to leave my things for someone I am not married to. I actually, don't plan to stay with her...it's just not working out. We had 2 kids and the only reason I am still here is to take care of them or I would have left long ago.

My youngest has one more year until he is 21. As far as my legal affairs, my kids have been included years ago and someone has been appointed to do the necessary things should I pass away or am unable to make decisions on my own.

Sounds like you have control of things..Your kids are up in age, will be on their own soon.. Good luck Steve..Looks like you've done a good job so far..

Skhilled