[Arcade 2.6 RC1] - Fatal Error

Started by dugganc, January 05, 2015, 11:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dugganc

I am using SMF 2.0.9 along with Arcade 2.6 RC1. Installation went successful, no edits or emulating required. I was able to upload games without error through the uploader. Everything appears to working just fine -- except actually opening the games ..

'Game' folder CHMOD is 755

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/55/8677755/html/smf/Sources/' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/55/8677755/html/smf/Sources/ArcadeGame.php on line 114

I'm not certain what other information may be helpful in this case, but I'll give what I can.

Skhilled

Hi dugganc and welcome. :)

"require once" means that either some of the code is missing or you may have duplicate code...if you have installed it more than once. Keep in mind that just because you install a mod and did not get any errors doesn't mean everything went smoothly. This depends on the server settings of the hosting. But it seems as though something is missing and perhaps all of the arcade files or code was not installed.

Hmmm, also please make sure all other folders and files for smf and the arcade are correct.

Skhilled

However, the "(include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php')" part relates to php on the server and could be a server issue.

dugganc

Quote from: Skhilled on January 05, 2015, 11:52:55 AM
Hi dugganc and welcome. :)

"require once" means that either some of the code is missing or you may have duplicate code...if you have installed it more than once. Keep in mind that just because you install a mod and did not get any errors doesn't mean everything went smoothly. This depends on the server settings of the hosting. But it seems as though something is missing and perhaps all of the arcade files or code was not installed.

Hmmm, also please make sure all other folders and files for smf and the arcade are correct.

I have only installed it once; I never completed previous attempts to install the other SMF arcade packages prior to your updates because they all required source file editing which I wanted to avoid at the time for that particular install ..

Checking file list from Package Manager:
Files in archive SMF_Arcade-2.6_RC1.zip:
arcadeinstall/Database.php (17011 bytes)
arcadeinstall/index.php (750 bytes)
arcadeinstall/install_main.php (3745 bytes)
arcadeinstall/remove_hooks.php (859 bytes)
arcadeinstall/Subs-Install.php (6554 bytes)
language/english/Arcade.english.php (9291 bytes)
language/english/ArcadeAdmin.english.php (8728 bytes)
language/english/ArcadeEmail.english.php (2381 bytes)
language/english/english.xml (6020 bytes)
Sources/Arcade.php (8483 bytes)
Sources/ArcadeAdmin.php (9211 bytes)
Sources/ArcadeArena.php (14781 bytes)
Sources/ArcadeGame.php (17805 bytes)
Sources/ArcadeHooks.php (6327 bytes)
Sources/ArcadeList.php (15705 bytes)
Sources/ArcadeMaintenance.php (8318 bytes)
Sources/ArcadeStats.php (7930 bytes)
Sources/ManageGames.php (24363 bytes)
Sources/Profile-Arcade.php (6935 bytes)
Sources/Submit-custom.php (1660 bytes)
Sources/Submit-ibp.php (6156 bytes)
Sources/Submit-phpbb.php (2809 bytes)
Sources/Submit-silver.php (2694 bytes)
Sources/Submit-v1game.php (2937 bytes)
Sources/Submit-v2game.php (6526 bytes)
Sources/Submit-v3arcade.php (4210 bytes)
Sources/Subs-Arcade.php (62692 bytes)
Sources/Subs-ArcadeAdmin.php (30232 bytes)
Sources/SWFReader.php (6433 bytes)
Themes/default/Arcade.template.php (3611 bytes)
Themes/default/ArcadeAdmin.template.php (8458 bytes)
Themes/default/ArcadeArena.template.php (15346 bytes)
Themes/default/ArcadeGame.template.php (13880 bytes)
Themes/default/ArcadeList.template.php (8260 bytes)
Themes/default/ArcadeProfile.template.php (4448 bytes)
Themes/default/ArcadeStats.template.php (6265 bytes)
Themes/default/css/arcade.css (2644 bytes)
Themes/default/images/admin/feature_arcade.png (2023 bytes)
Themes/default/images/arcade_star.gif (203 bytes)
Themes/default/images/arcade_star2.gif (203 bytes)
Themes/default/images/arena_accept.png (781 bytes)
Themes/default/images/arena_decline.png (715 bytes)
Themes/default/images/award_bronze.png (754 bytes)
Themes/default/images/award_gold.png (781 bytes)
Themes/default/images/award_silver.png (738 bytes)

Themes/default/images/favorite.gif (354 bytes)
Themes/default/images/favorite2.gif (985 bytes)
Themes/default/images/gold.gif (551 bytes)
Themes/default/ManageGames.template.php (11250 bytes)
Themes/default/scripts/arcade.js (17683 bytes)
Themes/default/scripts/swfobject.js (9321 bytes)
arcade.php (635 bytes)
changelog.txt (17514 bytes)
gamesuggest.xml (3353 bytes)
main.xml (7411 bytes)
modification.xsl (4665 bytes)
newscore.php (362 bytes)
package-info.xml (8372 bytes)
package-info.xsl (10037 bytes)
README (0 bytes)
readme.txt (1748 bytes)

Seems there are a couple missing files, marked in red. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling the arcade package -- but I have a feeling if it is something serverside as you're suggesting that I may see the same results.

What other files would I verify? Is it the CHMOD you're referring to for them as well?

dugganc

Quote from: Skhilled on January 05, 2015, 11:57:17 AM
However, the "(include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php')" part relates to php on the server and could be a server issue.

Hmm .. Another bit of clicking .. Think I found a possible culprit following this thought ..

Ok - so what I'll try:
- forum backup
- uninstall arcade
- forum backup
- reinstall 2.0.9 upgrade
- forum backup
- reinstall arcade

Skhilled

As far as the missing files go, they are all there. I checked the folder on my PC that I made the zip with, the zip that I that I uploaded to the downloads and I also redownloaded it just now from this site and checked and all files are there. It is possible that something happened when you were downloading it. I suggest you open the zip you downloaded and see if the files are missing or not. If they are missing then please download it again.

You don't show which file(s) are at v2.0.8 but since the error points to the /Sources folder that could possibly be the problem.

However, if you have other mods installed, reinstalling the upgrade will remove any code your mods installed to the smf files and they may not work properly, if at all.

EDIT: BTW, if those files are missing on your server you can just upload them manually before you do your forum upgrade to see if that helps.

dugganc

Just to update on the forums here; as per our email exchange; all working now. Yay!