Stop spam forum

Started by Ronald, December 12, 2017, 11:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

The errors, are numerous, that stops the mod Stop Spammer from installing, during the patch update from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15.

There is a change to make in the coding on the file managemembers.php..

I made the change on my forum and reinstalled Stop Spammer mod..

Can someone tell me, on another forum is the mod stop spammer, but not installed, it was previously installed..

Can I just "Delete" this mod, or should it be manually removed from the files..

Skhilled

Just deleting the mod (or any mod) will not remove the coding. It will only remove the mod from the list of installed mods. You need to uninstall it and make sure all of the code has been removed to stop the errors.

Others have reported errors from that mod which has not been updated in awhile since that upgrade. There is a topic at SMF that I think has a cure for it.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.msg3948378#msg3948378

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on December 12, 2017, 11:33:01 AM
Just deleting the mod (or any mod) will not remove the coding. It will only remove the mod from the list of installed mods. You need to uninstall it and make sure all of the code has been removed to stop the errors.

Others have reported errors from that mod which has not been updated in awhile since that upgrade. There is a topic at SMF that I think has a cure for it.

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.msg3948378#msg3948378

Yes there is a code change, I have that, but first I need to remove the entire mod.. This is on beast's forum, everything is good except the Stop Spammer

Skhilled

Then you may need to do it manually...

lurkalot

Quote from: Oldcrow on December 12, 2017, 11:22:18 AM

There is a change to make in the coding on the file managemembers.php..

I made the change on my forum and reinstalled Stop Spammer mod..

You should install the stop spammer mod, then make the change. Otherwise it will fail when you try to install it.