Repair

Started by beast, December 18, 2015, 09:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

Ok I know all of you are going to laugh at me cause I am. I did this a long time ago and I can't remember where I went to do it so if any would be so nice to tell me

Installations actions for "SMF 2.0.11 Update"
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
        Type     Action     Description
*     1.     Execute Modification     ./index.php     Test successful
*     2.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Load.php     Test failed
        1.     Replace     ./Sources/Load.php     Test failed
        2.     Replace     ./Sources/Load.php     Test successful
        3.     Replace     ./Sources/Load.php     Test successful
*     3.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/LogInOut.php     Test failed
        1.     Replace     ./Sources/LogInOut.php     Test failed
        2.     Replace     ./Sources/LogInOut.php     Test successful
        3.     Replace     ./Sources/LogInOut.php     Test successful
*     4.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/ManageMembers.php     Test successful
*     5.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Modlog.php     Test failed

I go to install this and I have to go correct all of these. Where do I go?

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

No one is going to laugh at you.

The first "Test Failed" says it failed at a certain point in /Sources/Load.php. If you click the line that says "Replace" it should show you what to do. Just do it for the rest.

Skhilled

Wait a minute! I thought your site was already upgraded to SMF 2.0.11. Why are you upgrading it again?

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on December 18, 2015, 09:29:14 AM
No one is going to laugh at you.

The first "Test Failed" says it failed at a certain point in /Sources/Load.php. If you click the line that says "Replace" it should show you what to do. Just do it for the rest.

I know I have to replace the code with the other. But where is the data base that I have to do all of that in?

Skhilled

You don't do anything to the database. You must access the files. You need to use FTP or cPanel's File Manager to access your files.

beast

Yes my site is 2.0.11 I just wanted to learn how to change the code. Where to go to change it on any mod that I had to do it on

Skhilled

Skhilled

Are you making out OK with this?

beast

No; I can't get into my cpanel. Les has tried ever thing and I guess my IP# keeps changing. I don't know what to do

Skhilled

I'm thinking it's something on your end as far as you IP keeps changing which can cause problems for other things as well. BUT, if my IP changes I can still get in on my hosting. There is something with the security on that hosting that only allows for a certain IP's. Most hosting do not have that problem that I've used.

Ronald

Quote from: beast on December 29, 2015, 10:55:57 AM

No; I can't get into my cpanel. Les has tried ever thing and I guess my IP# keeps changing. I don't know what to do

Did you keep the email with all the cpanel information.. All you need do is click the link..

Or go to your host and ask them for the info..if you can prove you are the right person..

Skhilled

Yes, but this is reoccurring problem that doesn't seem to go away and he must contact them over and over. The server seems to block him every time his IP changes. But my IP just changed and it is not blocking me...I just tried it and it worked.

I'm starting to think it may be the password may be to complex. Maybe instead of the letter "O" he typing a zero, for example. And if he types it in 3 in a row the wrong way he gets blocked...which most hosting servers will do including mine.

I'll try to change it to something simpler to try and avoid that from happening and so it will be something easier for him to remember. I think this will help. We'll come up with a plan and try it and see if that helps.

beast

I use the same password that you and les has used and both of you can get into it. I don't understand why I can't. I don't know what to do now.  :dontknow:

Ronald

Maybe save a direct link to the sign in page. I'd maybe get a hold of the host support and have them correct this..you can't be the only one having a problem..

beast

They keep telling me it has been fixed and to try now. Well I try now and it still don't work. I think I just might start looking for another host