2.0.15 themes

Started by beast, November 26, 2017, 09:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on November 29, 2017, 10:09:14 AM
Now, myBB can install mods via the admin finally...the last time I checked it could. You couldn't do it for a lot of years but now you can. :)

I downloaded a myBB test board, you still have to use the FTP to install the plugins. But there is a Plugin Installer, that you can install and then you can install plugins via the ACP

I opened the plugin and looked at it, looks somewhat complicated for me to install it..I am still not to keen on the FTP, on smf yes, but mybb is a little more complicated.

Here is the file:

Skhilled

Yes! You are right! I've forgotten about the installer. I haven't played with myBB for awhile. I planned on playing with it again but have been doing so many things with the hosting and getting new clients. I'm also teaching myself how to create and edit YouTube videos for hosting tutorials and my own personal videos I plan on doing later.

From the readme.txt file in the zip:

QuoteTo Install:
Upload ./inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php to ./inc/plugins/
Upload ./admin/modules/config/pluginuploader.php to ./admin/modules/config/
Upload ./inc/languages/english/admin/config_pluginuploader.lang.php to ./inc/languages/english/admin/
Upload ./admin/jscripts/pluginuploader.js to ./admin/jscripts/
Create folder 'temp' in ./inc/plugins/ and CHMOD to 777.
Upload ./inc/plugins/temp/test.php to ./inc/plugins/temp/
Go to ACP > Plugins > Install and Activate
Go to ACP > Configuration > Plugins > Upload Plugin

Afterwards you should be able to install via the ACP. :)

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on August 12, 2018, 06:02:09 AM
Yes! You are right! I've forgotten about the installer. I haven't played with myBB for awhile. I planned on playing with it again but have been doing so many things with the hosting and getting new clients. I'm also teaching myself how to create and edit YouTube videos for hosting tutorials and my own personal videos I plan on doing later.

From the readme.txt file in the zip:

QuoteTo Install:
Upload ./inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php to ./inc/plugins/
Upload ./admin/modules/config/pluginuploader.php to ./admin/modules/config/
Upload ./inc/languages/english/admin/config_pluginuploader.lang.php to ./inc/languages/english/admin/
Upload ./admin/jscripts/pluginuploader.js to ./admin/jscripts/
Create folder 'temp' in ./inc/plugins/ and CHMOD to 777.
Upload ./inc/plugins/temp/test.php to ./inc/plugins/temp/
Go to ACP > Plugins > Install and Activate
Go to ACP > Configuration > Plugins > Upload Plugin

Afterwards you should be able to install via the ACP. :)

I did open it and read this, if I understand correctly, I would have to install each into where it says and then make a file, this is what confuses me. Do I make a file in ./inc/plugins/, this is what is confusing for me..

Skhilled

You do not have to create any files. You will find those folders and files in the zip file it says on the left. You must upload them to the folders it says  on the right.

QuoteUpload ./inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php to ./inc/plugins/

That means take the folders and that file: ./inc/plugins/pluginuploader.php

And upload it to this folder on the server: ./inc/plugins/

Basically, it say to upload the pluginuploader.php file from the zip on your hard drive to the /plugins folder on the server.

The following one is different: Create folder 'temp' in ./inc/plugins/ and CHMOD to 777.

It means you must create a folder called "temp" within the "/inc/plugins" folder and change the permissions of the "temp" folder to 777.

Wyprzedaze

Thanks, all links from the first page are working fine and I could find themes except this: http://www.smfthemes.org/ I can't see ant themes there only some discount codes for hosting companies :/.

Skhilled

Hi Wyprzedaze and welcome to Docskillz!

Thanks for pointing that out. It is removed as they no longer seem to be in business. You can also get themes from the Crip Zone. They haven't been updated lately since the creator passed away a few years ago but still work without any problems. There's no real support for them but for SMF 2.0.15 they will still work well. :)

I do plan on updating them to smf 2.1 after it is released.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on January 26, 2019, 06:15:34 AM
Hi Wyprzedaze and welcome to Docskillz!

Thanks for pointing that out. It is removed as they no longer seem to be in business. You can also get themes from the Crip Zone. They haven't been updated lately since the creator passed away a few years ago but still work without any problems. There's no real support for them but for SMF 2.0.15 they will still work well. :)

I do plan on updating them to smf 2.1 after it is released.

Great news Steve, upgrade them to 2.1 I like this, because Crip had loads of excellent theme skins.

Skhilled

Gotta learn the differences between smf 2.0.15 and 2.1. The biggest problem is that 2.1 is not even in RC1 yet so there will most likely be a lot more changes. I've created a test site to play around with to help me get started. Also, I'm not the greatest coder. LOL

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on January 26, 2019, 06:11:05 PM
Gotta learn the differences between smf 2.0.15 and 2.1. The biggest problem is that 2.1 is not even in RC1 yet so there will most likely be a lot more changes. I've created a test site to play around with to help me get started. Also, I'm not the greatest coder. LOL

At least you are trying to make them, more than anyone else..2.1 has no more bugs, just waiting for the release..

Skhilled

No more bugs? LOL ...wait for it...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on January 26, 2019, 07:30:58 PM

Someone posted on smf support it's 100% but then Arantor say's it'll be done when it's done. End of story..

Skhilled

...not surprised by that type of response.

lurkalot

Quote from: Oldcrow on January 26, 2019, 08:05:22 PM
Quote from: Skhilled on January 26, 2019, 07:30:58 PM

Someone posted on smf support it's 100% but then Arantor say's it'll be done when it's done. End of story..

Thing is it's been at 100% a few times over the last few weeks, but keeps dropping back as other problems are reported which prevent it being released.  If it's a minor bug it'll get pushed to RC2, or Final.  The latest one really messed with our Tinyportal mod, they have completely rewritten the smiley handling, which meant we had to change ours.

I don't think RC1 will be too far away to be honest.

Skhilled

I'm surprised they're actually there are bugs. But still glad it'll be ready soon.