R.I.P., Calvin Summers, My Grandfather

Started by Skhilled, June 30, 2019, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrubmeister

Sounds like a fitting sendoff and remembrance.

Skhilled

Yes! Most people were crying but I was smiling from ear to ear. :)

Skhilled

Ha Ha, I forgot to mention something very strange that happened at the funeral! We had gathered outside of the funeral home before going in. My brother, Jim, said he kept hearing a cat and it sounded like it was coming from under a car. A little back story... My brothers are twins and have been into cars since they were around 4-6 years ago. They would run around the house making car noises as if they were cars. They both grew up into being mechanics. LOL Image that! But they can listen to any car and tell you what's wrong with it.

So, Jim kept saying he heard a car and it sounded like it was coming from under one of the cars. But when he went near the cars to check the noise would stop. We eventually went inside and continued with the funeral. Afterwards, we went back outside to our cars to drive to the cemetery and, again, he kept saying he still heard a cat and sounded like it was under a car. So, we pulled into the cemetery.

After we stopped and got out of our cars, a cat crawled out from under my cousin's car! She came all of the way from Maryland up to Pennsylvania, drove around PA for awhile before the cat eventually came out! She recognized the cat as a neighbor's cat that must have crawled up inside the car and went for the ride! We were so amazed that the cat survived the long ride! It's a 3 hour ride from MD to PA! Then she drove around PA for awhile! LOL

She and I went to the nearest store and got a box and some food for it. And she took it back home. LMAO

Ken.

What a great cat story! It was really nice that your cousin gave the cat a lift back home. 
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti