Ghostery add-on also blocks spook watchers.....

Started by Skhilled, July 25, 2009, 08:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Those that visit a website know they are being watched by all sort of trackers, so firms like Google and StatCounter etc. can profile visitors, but this add-on may protect your privacy.
The Ghostery plugin has been a nice extension for the Firefox browser and this week version 2.0 was being launched that now also has a TrackerBlock. Next to blocking 'web bugs' Ghostery will now also stop ads, widgets and other trackers if the user wish to do so.

Ghostery Watches the Web Sites that are Watching You.

Find out how web sites are watching you across every page on the web with Ghostery. Ghostery alerts you when you visit a web site that has web bugs on it. Web bugs are hidden scripts that track your behavior and are used by the sites you visit to understand their own audience.

"De release of TrackerBlock is a first step in enabling a plethora of tools to protect one's and how one relates to third party advertisers, behavioral targeters and web analytic services." Ghostery 2.0 can be downloaded here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/downloads/latest/9609/addon-9609-latest.xpi?src=addondetail

Ken.

Very nice find Steve.  :happy:

I think a little re-posting is in order.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

re-posting?

btw, more of these are on the way. :)

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Skhilled

Ken.

Yes... we know.  :groan:

EDIT: Whoops!
You are right... I lost track of which topic I was in.  :blush:
Quote from: Skhilled on July 28, 2009, 07:54:24 AM
Wrong one. LOL

Skhilled