Coppermine Gallery and the bridge over to smf forum

Started by Ronald, September 25, 2015, 02:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Yesterday on a test forum, I tried the conversion to bridge Coppermine Gallery over to the test forum.. I guess it went ok, but one problem was I couldn't come up with the correct file location, so I never got it completed..

After you install Coppermine Gallery in the acp you'll find the conversions for all the different forums, so now you select your type forum and click the tool and over it comes, then it asks you where the location is and you supply the link to the destination..

It is suppose to bridge, so that member can sign in and out without any registration..

I need some help with this..

Has anyone done or tried a conversion.. Anyone know how it's done, if so can you help me with this please..

Thanks.

Ron..

Skhilled

I used to use CPG for many years but haven't seen the setup in awhile since I don't use it anymore. However, I think the location you are referring to is the one for the gallery itself and not the forum. You need to enter the full url to your cpg folder.

If that does not work send me a pic of the page you are having problems with.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 25, 2015, 02:13:29 PM
I used to use CPG for many years but haven't seen the setup in awhile since I don't use it anymore. However, I think the location you are referring to is the one for the gallery itself and not the forum. You need to enter the full url to your cpg folder.

If that does not work send me a pic of the page you are having problems with.

OK will do..Thanks..

Ronald

I just tried again, got this same thing, I get lost on these..

I posted three (3) Images..

Skhilled

Ah, you need to find that file:

cpgSettings.php

on your server and add the correct link to it.

Skhilled

Just thought of something...

In your first image it has:

../board/

If your forum is not in a subfolder then use:

../

if it is is a subfolder then:

../subfolder_name/

whatever the subfolder name of the forum is...

Ronald

Well I did something right. I got it installed, and trying to figure it out. I did get an Album made and uploaded one photo..

And it does sign in and out with other members..

Not to sure I care for it, I like something that is connected to the Portal and shows so many photos..will have to look into this feature..

Skhilled

I believe that Tinyportal had a CPG block so you can show photos on the portal. Not sure about the other portals.

CPG does have a lot of features and can be confusing at first but it is very powerful.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 25, 2015, 09:07:18 PM
I believe that Tinyportal had a CPG block so you can show photos on the portal. Not sure about the other portals.

CPG does have a lot of features and can be confusing at first but it is very powerful.

I use SP and there is no block. But there has to be a way by code to do this..

Going to see the Pope when he gets to your town..

Skhilled

I'm sure there's way to do it but will someone go the extra mile to do it is the question...

Maybe the Pope can help...lol

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 25, 2015, 10:40:38 PM
I'm sure there's way to do it but will someone go the extra mile to do it is the question...

Maybe the Pope can help...lol

SP someone did make a code, not a block but code, I tried it doesn't load, just shows code..

Not my Pope, and I'm tired of seeing nothing on TV but the Pope..Man be glad when he leaves the US.. :taz:

Skhilled

Quote from: Oldcrow on September 26, 2015, 09:12:47 AM
SP someone did make a code, not a block but code, I tried it doesn't load, just shows code..
Maybe it can be converted to a block. Try asking Underdog (Napalm/Chen Zhen) here:

http://www.web-develop.ca/

Not my Pope, and I'm tired of seeing nothing on TV but the Pope..Man be glad when he leaves the US.. :taz:
Actually, I like him. He seems to be telling everyone how it's supposed to be and leaving no one out. He's pointing out mistakes all are making. First Pope I can remember who seems to be for everyone and not just for one group....like Jesus was. Not condemning nor harsh, just saying what needs to be said and moving on. Hopefully, it will make everyone think about how we are alike instead of how different we are...that's what separates us.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on September 26, 2015, 09:27:25 AM
Maybe it can be converted to a block. Try asking Underdog (Napalm/Chen Zhen) here:

http://www.web-develop.ca/

Actually, I like him. He seems to be telling everyone how it's supposed to be and leaving no one out. He's pointing out mistakes all are making. First Pope I can remember who seems to be for everyone and not just for one group....like Jesus was. Not condemning nor harsh, just saying what needs to be said and moving on. Hopefully, it will make everyone think about how we are alike instead of how different we are...that's what separates us.

I am not catholic, but I do also like him, and believe he is a Pope for the people, from what I hear and read..

But the news media has jumped on the pope thing and are killing it..just about every where you turn all you see is the pope. enough is enough..

I think if he spoke better english, he could make more of an impact in the US, because millions follow him..