My MyBB Project

Started by Skhilled, May 03, 2015, 04:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 16, 2015, 09:21:28 PM
No, don't get me wrong...I am actually really liking MyBB. I can't wait to see what 2.0 has in-store. I may see if I can download a copy and play with it. I think they have it on github...

And yes, SMF does need a total rewrite. ;)

SMF needs a total rewrite, but I can not see that happening.. smf 2.1  is not too bad looking. I managed to get some mod.'s installed.

Skhilled

Yeah, but there will probably be more changes to smf 2.1 before it's all over...hopefully for the good. LOL

Maxx

I've been playing with the 2.1 from the time they first set foot on the moon> http://smf21.surfacethemes.com/

I have done things with what 2.1 + that no one else has or, even wants to talks about. But it's still not up with times and never will be as long as they refuse to except change, and believe me many have tried, and left there because of this.

To me it's looking more like dead horse and I and many have plaid their game too lone!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I guess we'll have to wait and see what they come up with in the final version. Maybe, they'll surprise us...LOL

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on May 17, 2015, 07:20:28 AM
I guess we'll have to wait and see what they come up with in the final version. Maybe, they'll surprise us...LOL

Surprise us..You have to be kidding of course..

SMF has too many that do not want changes..

I remember sometime back I asked for a mod. for a 'pass worded forum'  they told me to use the permissions..

Skhilled

Yeah, I lot of other forums have that option built-in. There used to be a mod for that but it died off.

Skhilled

OK, I've made a 2nd attempt. This time I deleted all mod tables in the db and any extra mod files. I've also ran all forum maintenance then converted the forum to UTF 8.

The results? No more international characters. The only problems still were missing avatars and it still created a new account for me and renamed my old account "Skhilled_old_import1". The last was easily fixed be renaming the new account to something else then renaming "Skhilled_old_import1" to just "Skhilled".

I did copy over the avatars so I'm not sure why they didn't carry over...

EDIT: Calendar events except for birthdays did not convert as well.

Maxx

I just did a fresh install of the MyBB ( test site) and merged the Buildandtell DB files over all went except,

Some  stay Caricatures and the avatar. bout all the other when though minor nit pick issues. I'm getting better !

Next I need to clean up the B&T DB and un-install all mods the next go around.

Cool stuff to play with.

regards,
Maxx