Installing Linux on Windows 8

Started by Skhilled, April 06, 2015, 08:11:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

I'm not sure how but Suse is working! I have Win 8.1, Ububtu 14.10 LTS, and openSUSE 13.2 installed on the same PC and showing in the Grub bootloader!   :dancebun:

When I tried it before it didn't work, perhaps it wasn't finished installing or something? Anyhow, I still don't see it in the EasyBCD loader when it loads. I only see Windows and Ubuntu. But if I choose Ubuntu the linux bootloader runs and it shows all 3 OS's. I need to keep playing with EasyBCD to try and get it to show there as well.

I'm in Suse right now!  O0

EDIT: Gmone desktop is nice but KDE on Suse is even better! I might have to switch DE's on Ubuntu to see how it is on there...

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

One thing I even like better is that you can login as root. You are no longer allowed to do that with Ubuntu. :(

It may changing settings and permissions a lot easier than trying to remember commands with hundreds of switches.

Maxx

Before I got to feeling Bad I gave it shot, the SUSE and it did some similar, and I gave it a break, and it''s still wait on me to, try it again, that and the Google thing getting all my site rank tested and more ( so you can also use the site Via the phone. So had to do some CSS coding, they not perfect but they getting there, if eyes do give way before :(

I don't care for the menu of the SMF mod so I have by own drop done responsive menu I bee's working with!

Hope you Gents are doing good!@

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

If you don't like the look of the menu then modify it.

Atm, I'm trying to install a LAMP server on Suse. I've got everything installed, I think, now I just need to remember how to run a LAMP! LMAO It's been quite a few years. LOL

Maxx

That's what I'm saying I made my own menu and other custom code!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Maxx

Mine will look like this!

But on some them,e different!

Skhilled

Maxx

Thanks Doc,

I'm going way beyond the SMF mod so the complete site can be used, and also some code for thew future!!

Once I get a good frame work done on the PHP stuff!
Then those worried about restarting there site all over for the4 2.1 version can just stay put :)
EDIT
Bad type and eye correction LOL! :) not good getting old

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Now that sounds like a plan! Can't wait to see the finished product. :)