Steve's Rig 2015

Started by Skhilled, March 01, 2015, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

Skhilled

Skhilled

Wrong box but out for delivery now tracking says...

Skhilled

Skhilled

Got it installed and downloaded Rise Of The Tomb Raider which took a day and a half. :P

But...the game is awesome and the graphics are absolutely amazing!!!  :ohmy2: No lag in the game whatsoever!!!

Now, I should be getting my cable tomorrow then I can clone my c: drive and make the SSD my primary drive and can so how fast this badboy will fly.

Ken.

This is sounding great Steve... can't wait to hear how it comes along!  :laugh:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Got 2 new parts yesterday:

Aperture M Multi-card Reader

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB (16GB) 2400MHZ DDR3 Memory Sticks - And the red on them matches my red fans and the red inside the case!

Ken.

Both of those sound great!  :hah:

Curious to hear what the ram will do for your speed.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Me too. Will install it this weekend...or tomorrow.

Skhilled

Ok, I installed both and haven't tried the card reader yet. However, I have noticed an improved speed with loading programs! No more "Working on it..." as when you try to use File Manager, etc. Programs load right away!

At first, the BIOS only recognized the speed for 1333Mhz and these are 2400Mhz. So, after reading the motherboard's manual, I've found I had to tweak the O.C. settings and it worked! The programs did load faster even when using the 1333Mhz so that means more memory will load Windows faster! More Mhz speed will make it run even faster!

Going to go shower and out to the local diner for some pancakes and sausages! LOL

Ken.

Sounds good... glad that you're seeing good results.  :happy:

Skhilled

Thanks! I started to just go for 32GB but decided to use 16 to see how it goes. Now I'll probably go for another 16 to make it 32.