Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Skhilled

Skhilled

Skhilled

Ken.

I've said it before, but will say it again... I like that case.  :hah:

Good job Steve.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

The pics below show a removable screen that goes on the bottom of the case for the PSU and/or fans. I think I like that part best.

Quote from: Skhilled on April 05, 2015, 07:15:16 PM

Maxx

Good Job Bro... looking good, I love that screen thing! MY ASUS machine case has small filter all over, but, just clean them with the VAC. you could do the same, if Vac is good and strong, it will pull dust from grill and fan if any!

The I'll take it apart every spring, for good cleaning and Preventive Maintenance.

I'm with Ken love that Case... good find! that MOBO looks real fine! I like the cooling system on it and I have one almost like it!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

The front panel including the DVD drive bay blanks and fan areas have holes in the case with foam directly behind them and can be easily vacuumed or even removed for washing, if needed. If you put your hand on the front of the case it stays very cold but is very quiet.

I usually clean out my PC 1-2 times a year as well.

I'll take a pic with the right side off (when I get a chance) so you can see the tangled mess of cabling that is hidden. LOL

Skhilled

I was thinking...I may get a modular PSU later. Modular means less cables. You only use the cables you need by plugging them into the psu then into your hardware. Less cables to deal with. Something like this:

www.corsair.com/en-us/rm-series-rm650-80-plus-gold-certified-power-supply

Ken.

That would surly clean up the insides of a case.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I was out at Best Buy looking for a WD Black 1TB drive but they didn't have any. Since money was burning a hole in my pocket (hee hee) I looked around the store and these 2 things:

Logitech Multimedia Speakers Z200 - They adequate...for now. But not my usual musical standard. I may give them to one of my kids later for a full surround sound set like I had before.

j5create's high-performance USB 3.0 4-port Mini Hub

Maxx

I like that HUB looks very nice!

I like Logitech but never liked their PC Audio stuff, But they do make some great accessories and Keyboards! I accually have better lock with them than MS and HP accessories JMHO!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Actually, their high end stuff is pretty good. It's the cheap ones that are not good. It's not as good as Bose or Klipsch but their high end stuff is a lot cheaper than those 2. Bose is probably the best tho...

I was thinking about getting these as they are surround sound.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/speaker-system-z523?crid=1589

The last set I bought had a subwoofer and 4 satelites...2 for the front and 2 for the back and could attach them to walls for a full surround sound experience.

Maxx

What I do and this just me< I buy the sound equipment, Mix and match, the specs, and buy parts at a time> like the Denon Reliever, 100 watts RMS per Chanel times 5.1, got on special, the Pioneer Left and right Front priced at 800.00, I got on special for around 200, and the Pioneer Rear speakers.,(  all Speaker are rated 100 watts) It got cheap at 59.00 ea. the Polk Audio Sub woofer sound activated at around 100+ on super special.( has it own 80watt amp. Thunder if needed.

The Denon controls about 6 HDMI out puts, auto senses the inputs.

The thing is that I worked as Station engineer at a rock station, and I have a long Electronic back ground, I know what to to look for and I' very picky about the sound.

But when ever I listen to music, I use 3 Chanel stereo front and sub woofer. I 'll have give more details on the setup later, but it like the recording studio, but better.

Don't music in surround sound, it destroys the quality!

The ASUS sound chip set and system equalize works miracles, in find tuning the sound. keeping the amp (denon ( flat)

I have seen systems that cost thousands of dollars , that can match what I have :)

Unless your talking, live!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I do the same...for my home entertainment system, not for my PC. Pioneer is arguably the best, imo. Have used that brand for many, many years including their turntables when I used to DJ...those or Technics. Polk Audio is also very good. But for speakers you can't beat Bose! They are very expensive but the sound quality is unmatched.

I've been around recording studios for many years, Philly International, Sigma Sound to name a few as well as quite a few personal home studios for some Philly artists.

Surround sound does not destroy the sound quality IF it is setup correctly. The problem is that most people do not know how to set the quality of the sound to match the speaker placement .vs the other objects in the room. They also do not know how to correctly place all of the speakers so they work properly so it sounds like how it does in a good movie theater. ;) The arrangement of the other furniture in the room as well as what is on the walls or how they are built also makes a big difference. Think sound proofed room! I've built a few when I was in construction many years ago. ;)