Steve's Rig 2015

Started by Skhilled, March 01, 2015, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Using the 500 for Linux sounds the better plan... although, if it were me I would likely use the 150 for Linux and add the 500 as a second drive on it or the 2T.  ;D

EDIT: If you do decide to put Linux on the 2T you might want to read this:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DiskSpace
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I thought of that but the 150 is pretty old. 500GB would work well, especially if I decide to use it a lot more. I'll probably need the extra room. I just need to decide what to do if I want to test a different distro. I may still partition one of the TB's for that.

Ken.

Check my edit above for info on large drives and Linux dual boots.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Yes, I know about that and that's the way you used to have to do it. And the preferred way it you'd like a larger /swap for maybe running it on a slower system.

Today, most distros will ask for a drive or partition and create the other partitions need within that one drive or partition. I've been using my 500GB for testing various distros. I partitioned it into 2 equal partitions. Before I install a distro, I'll wipe one of the partitions and during the install I'll just choose that one and let the install do its thing. You must choose "Custom" install for this or some distros will install to the first drive or partition it finds! That may not be what you want. Most linux distros will not touch a Windows partition but as they say, better safe than sorry! I have deleted a Windows partition once.  :groan:

You don't have to change anything else in the "Custom" settings. Linux will add it's own /swap, /etc, etc...(lol) partitions as needed. ;)

Skhilled

The 2TB HD was delivered about an hour ago. ;D

Skhilled

Ken.

That is turning out to be quite the rig Steve.  :cool2:

Skhilled

Got the webcam and the rest about 1.5 hours ago... Webcam works well. :)

Ken.

We're looking for some pics.  :happy:

Maxx

Now you can watch them, watching you, watching them :)

Last time I used mine I scared myself :)

Is this you? is that me?

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

Quote from: Maxx on April 18, 2015, 02:22:15 PM
What I do and this just me< I buy the sound equipment, Mix and match, the specs, and buy parts at a time> like the Denon Reliever, 100 watts RMS per Chanel times 5.1, got on special, the Pioneer Left and right Front priced at 800.00, I got on special for around 200, and the Pioneer Rear speakers.,(  all Speaker are rated 100 watts) It got cheap at 59.00 ea. the Polk Audio Sub woofer sound activated at around 100+ on super special.( has it own 80watt amp. Thunder if needed.

The Denon controls about 6 HDMI out puts, auto senses the inputs.

The thing is that I worked as Station engineer at a rock station, and I have a long Electronic back ground, I know what to to look for and I' very picky about the sound.

But when ever I listen to music, I use 3 Chanel stereo front and sub woofer. I 'll have give more details on the setup later, but it like the recording studio, but better.

Don't music in surround sound, it destroys the quality!

The ASUS sound chip set and system equalize works miracles, in find tuning the sound. keeping the amp (denon ( flat)

I have seen systems that cost thousands of dollars , that can match what I have :)

Unless your talking, live!

regards,
Maxx

the main reason I have this unit is the it has many HDMI inputs and out to Navigate all my Computer and Video stuff through it:

here are the sects, and this just general in of for those that may find it usefull! :

Denon AVR-E200 5.1 Channel A/V Receiver with 3D Video Pass-Through

Powerful 5.1 Channel AV Receiver with 3D Video Pass-through & Easy Setup with Easy Connections

Enjoy thrilling 5.1 channel surround sound with Denon's AVR-E200 AV receiver, which features easy setup and easy connections and which provides an on-screen text and graphical display that greatly simplifies setup and operation. Packed with features, the AVR-E200 includes the latest high resolution audio decoders, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio for the ultimate surround sound experience with your favorite Blu-ray movies and music concerts. There are 4 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, and there's also a convenient 3.5mm stereo audio input on the front panel that lets you connect your favorite portable audio device. With our exclusive Compressed Audio Restorer function, you'll hear improved fidelity with compressed audio sources such as MP3 tracks.

Easy to Setup and Easy to Use

Via the text and graphical on screen display, you can easily make all necessary adjustments and settings during setup, to quickly and easily optimize the AVR-E200 for your particular speaker setup and compatibility with your source equipment. The speaker connections on the rear panel are color-coded for quick and easy connection, and the supplied color-coded speaker cable labels ensure correct hookup the very first time.

The easy to use remote control features discrete source selection buttons that let you choose your preferred source with the touch of one button (no need to toggle through all the inputs to get to your preferred source component).The AVR-E200 also features Denon's easy to use Quick Select function, which provides 4 Quick Select buttons on the front panel and on the remote control that let you instantly choose from the Cable/Satellite, Blu-ray, Game and Aux inputs, and you can customize each one with your preferred sound settings for that particular source and then they'll be remembered each time.

High Power, High Quality 5 Channel Power Amplifier Design

A hallmark of Denon's legendary sound quality is the use of identical power amp circuitry for all channels, including our all-discrete power amplifier output stage design. Rated at a maximum of 165 watts for each of the 5 channels, the AVR-E200 provides high power and wide dynamic range with low distortion for a superb surround sound listening experience.

4 HDMI Video Inputs with 1080p HDMI Pass-through and 3D HDMI Pass-through

The AVR-E200 is equipped with 4 HDMI inputs, including 3 on the rear panel and 1 on the front panel, which lets you quickly and easily connect your HDMI-equipped camcorder, smartphone or other portable multimedia device. With HDMI Standby Pass-through, you can enjoy a program from your cable or satellite tuner on your TV without the need to turn the AVR-E200 on, which is ideal for casual viewing of newscasts and the like.

Speaker Compatibility

With the AVR-E200, you can connect and enjoy just about any combination of speaker sizes and types, thanks to the variable crossover points which allow mixing and matching of differing speakers. You can connect compact speakers, standard-size speakers, even full size speakers as well as a subwoofer and optimize the settings for each type, based on their characteristics.

Features:

State-of-the-art Denon Solutions for Maximizing Content Quality

•   Maximum power, 165 watts, 5 channels
•   All-discrete output stages with equal power and identical quality on all channels
•   Supports 1080P and 3D video pass-through
•   High definition audio support including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio
•   High-performance 192kHz/24-bit D/A converters for all channels
•   Denons proprietary Compressed Audio Restorer delivers improved fidelity with compressed music sources such as MP3 tracks

Connectivity

•   Supports HDMI with 3D pass-through, Deep Color and x.v.Color
•   Convenient front panel HDMI input for connecting a camcorder or g

Around $ 169.00...now at Newegg.com
  Learn more about the Denon AVR-E200  GeneralBrandDenonModelAVR-E200ColorBlackChannels5.1-ChannelProcessingD/A Converter192kHz/24-bitRadioFM/AM TunerIncludedConnectivityHDMI4 In / 1 OutFeaturesFeatures5 Channel discrete amplification (Maximum power: 165 watts per 5 channel)

Easy to connect with color-coded speaker terminals and supplied matching color cable tags

Easy and quick access to your favorite sources with Quick Select and preferred sound settings

4 HDMI inputs, including 1 front panel HDMI input with 1080p and 3D pass-through

Convenient front panel 3.5mm stereo input jack for quick and easy connection to your portable music device

Experience 165 watts x 5 channels

Delivers the legendary sound quality you've come to expect from Denon

Enjoy 3D video entertainment with dynamic surround sound with our 3D pass-through technology

Easy set-up through on-screen graphical display

Color-coded speaker connections ensure correct hook-up the very first timeDimensions & WeightDimensions17.1" x 5.9" x 12.6" (W x H x D)Weight17.2 lbs.

Great pricing!

maxx

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Sounds great!

Denon and Carver receivers along with Pioneer speakers and turntables were my favs. ;)

Maxx

I have an Older Pioneer Rev/AMP in perfect condition, But I had to get this one to distribute My Video Paths, and with the POLK audio sound activated Sub Woofer and Pioneer speakers. It Really Kicks butt.

I use many Tascam equipments, when I work the FM station, for production live air stuff. Had many type Turn table back when, and wish I still had them!
I still have my Pioneer 25 disc CD player working great when I last tried it. You can find them any where now! Had a 75 disc at one time, gave it to my son and he sold it, :( Kids?
Love the Pioneer!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Polk Audio was also very good!

Maxx