How things and mind get cahnged over night?

Started by Maxx, May 29, 2015, 12:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

After all My hype about the MyBB, I think I'm going back to what I said many times in the past that there is nothing like SMF :( to say. But it was fun learning the different, and toy with the own known, I found they every little upgrade fro.4 to .5 all things get screwed up when your using plug-ins.and templates. :Live and learn  As I said if I'm wrong I'll be the first to say so@!

But all was not a total lose because I love to test stuff! :) and this comes with the hobby :)

I still think it a good board, but just as a board!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Quote from: Maxx on May 29, 2015, 12:15:53 PM
all things get screwed up when your using plug-ins.and templates.

Please be more specific, bro. How did they get screwed up, what got screwed up? Did you try to convert smf themes/mods to mybb or what happened?

Maxx

It's happened fast but the story is long. Most all plugs and templates have to be, either reinstalled, tweaked or or just don work, after a little upgrade with very minor fixes. Now there may may a simple solutions to each individual problem, but why go through every time there is a small upgrade. If this bugs me, just image the new users. Most every thing had to be fine tuned to work work to start with and it was fun for while, it's just to much for a admin to have to go through.

Once you get the community started and a big upgrade comes to pass your gonna be stick pencils in the ears. sorry :(

I don't I can go through all the details to much work, just talk about it! :(

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Sounds just like SMF. LOL

You have to wait for the plugins/mods to get upgraded before you upgrade the forum...UNLESS it is a big security upgrade. ;)

You can't just upgrade any software without knowing what mods/themes can or cannot be upgraded. It takes planning...no matter which software you are using. The speed of mods/themes getting upgraded depends on if the creators are on the forum team or are testers and get prime access to the code before it is released. Everyone else needs to wait or figure it out for themselves. It no different from any other software.

Maxx

No this way different, Just minor changes where done, I have mods and themes working SmF for RC3 til now, with little tweaking.. this way screwed up and fragile!

Way different Horse! believe me!

But if you stick with just the plan old board, with no plug-in and the default templates, then this is for you! :)

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I think it just may take a bit of time to learn the difference. It took time to learn the SMF changes in coding and will do the same for this. Personally, I think this is easier to understand...for now and what I see so far. But I need to get more into it to see the differences first.

I was going to work on Merging first but think I'll work on testing upgrades and see how it goes. If I can't get past upgrades then it is not worth the effort just yet. Maybe down the road...

Maxx

I still have and will keep MyBB test site, Just got go back with the main site, and trust me I been through a lot with this board system in the last days, I still like it but not fore my needs att!

Will continue test and still hope the ver 2.0 comes out better. this what I do. it's fun away, but can have it on my main site for now! I never gave up on smf just gave it a break foi few! ( and I have  allot vested in SMF work/support wise)!

regards,
Maxx