Free Computer Backup Software

Started by Maxx, September 25, 2014, 08:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Found this free program and backup and mirror of my main PC, and it looks good so far. my new Drive should arrive today.... the one have now is Good but too darn slow. so I 'll make an external out of it 1 TB/

the program is FBackup 5

http://www.fbackup.com/

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Didn't this used to be called something else at one time?

Or am I thinking that because i've used one of their other product before?...

Maxx

They some commercial versions:
http://www.backup4all.com/

BuT I like Free. and this does not Some with baggage like most free stuff.

Found Just search AVG!

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

OK if you purchase a Western Digital Hard drive you can visit their site and get the tolls you need to clone your old drive to the new... But know one tells you this, so always do some research when buying anything! it downloadable and free but must be use with at least one Western Digital HD... works great! And BTW the 1TB WD HD 64mg cache, 7200RPM Blue works nice!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Yes, most HD's come bundled with some type of imaging/cloning or backup software. Even some new PC's come with it or some type of cloning utuility.

Glad the new HDD is working out great. I've considered getting a SSD but they are a tad expensive but very fast!

Maxx

Yes... on the SSD..I read they get very slow when they have a allot of data built up on them, so for me that is a no way for now, they are great for maybe note books and laptops just to do everyday stuff, or if you go with the cloud thing. For me I need lots of space to store lot's of stuff, that I can get to fast.

I don't care much for the could think either MHO.

So portability, yes on that solid state drive! ( with a back up plan or drive)
the big HDD get slow also when they get lots of stuff on the, not as fast as a SSD. I like to stick with less than 500 GB on those... using an external on second HDD for, back up archives and junk!

Just general thinking!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I agree, I'd use a ssd for a c: drive and a regular one for backups. I don't trust the cloud. There's something not safe about storing your stuff in places you know nothing about or how they really work. It's a marketing gimmick, imo. And you read how all of the stars got hacked using it? Not very smart of them to store very personal items like nude photos online?!?!