Internet isn't working

Started by Skhilled, July 07, 2017, 11:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Hi guys...

My internet is down and will not be up until Monday...

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 07, 2017, 11:18:58 AM
Hi guys...

My internet is down and will not be up until Monday...

Then how did you post this..

Have a nice peaceful entertaining weekend.. :bottleofbeer: :cooking: :believecrap:

Ken.

+1... how did you post this?  :hah:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I'm using my phone...all 5 inches of it! LOL I net with a separate service. Since it's small I don't like using it much. Plus, I only have 5 gb per month.

They are saying our landline won't be up until Wednesday. So, I'm not expecting the same thing for the net. NEVER use Verizon!!!

Scrubmeister

I'm out camping right now and get faster speeds off my phone!  :laugh:

We have Fairpoint at home for internet. ............I may just drop that and get a bigger phone plan.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 08, 2017, 01:16:31 AM
I'm using my phone...all 5 inches of it! LOL I net with a separate service. Since it's small I don't like using it much. Plus, I only have 5 gb per month.

They are saying our landline won't be up until Wednesday. So, I'm not expecting the same thing for the net. NEVER use Verizon!!!

I had a Verizon cell phone for a couple of years. The guy in town didn't know a thing about them, told me I needed to upgrade to a better phone, I asked if the new phone could have Canada calling include, oh sure we can do that. Got the nice fancy smart phone, yea as dumb as hell this nice new fancy smart phone, couldn't have Canada calling installed.. I ask for my 300.00 bucks back and my old phone put back into service, oh no we can't do that..Our policy is non refunded..

Bye Bye Verizon..

I ended up getting a pay as you go phone, another mistake, piece of crap..

I have a smart phone in Canada but very seldom turn it on, the roaming fees are ridiculous and the data well forget it, it priced out of this world..But the good thing is it's makes a nice camera..

aura

ouch not fun, but think of all the cooking you can do in the meanwhile.

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

Here there's not many other choices than Verizon.

Aura, I was probably cooking when you posted that. LOL

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 09, 2017, 08:20:37 PM
Here there's not many other choices than Verizon.

Aura, I was probably cooking when you posted that. LOL

You saying where you live, not much choices beside Verizon. You live in a large city, there should be plenty of providers..

Here in the Detroit area there must be a hundred firms vying for your services.. AT&T, Sprint, etc...

Skhilled

Actually, I live about an hour outside of Philadelphia. There are other options but they are just as bad.  But not many. Those companies want the town's to pay for upgrades to their lines for high speed but they can't afford it.

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 10, 2017, 08:40:47 AM
Actually, I live about an hour outside of Philadelphia. There are other options but they are just as bad.  But not many. Those companies want the town's to pay for upgrades to their lines for high speed but they can't afford it.

Same all over the place Steve. Here in my area of Canada they are now installing Internet all over the county, the government is putting it in..

I have a cable company right now for high speed, but in some area close by me you have to have a certain Internet Co. install the Internet for you, other companies don't cover those areas..When you live in a county area where no Internet is provided, you really pay a high price to have this one company come in..

Now when I am in America, I have plenty to choose from in my location, but like you say, these same companies are crap, support is almost unheard of service is lousy, and when it rains, all service go out..

Skhilled

It's gotten pretty bad! For my cell, I refuse to pay the bigger companies because of the pricing. I use Total Wireless. It's $35/month with unlimited talk and text but you only get 5gb data per month. That's more than enough for me cause I'm not on the phone much and am usually near a free WiFi spot or at home. I hardly ever use half of that! LOL

Ronald

Quote from: Skhilled on July 10, 2017, 10:08:08 AM
It's gotten pretty bad! For my cell, I refuse to pay the bigger companies because of the pricing. I use Total Wireless. It's $35/month with unlimited talk and text but you only get 5gb data per month. That's more than enough for me cause I'm not on the phone much and am usually near a free WiFi spot or at home. I hardly ever use half of that! LOL

I did have a verizon cell, like you say costly.. I got rid of it and picked up a pay as you go for one year..

I also have a cell in Canada $35.00 per month plus taxes, data is extra, ty not to use any data, it is very expensive in Canada..

aura

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

The net is back up but my router has been reset. For now, I only have access to my PC and no wifi until I get a chance to reset it all. :P