Responsive Curve Mod

Started by Skhilled, April 22, 2015, 08:25:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

Not happy about what me or the mod?

The things I posted are still working without the mod.  That mod only good on the default them, not custom or at least the ones I have checked.

@ info only I state many time that the SMF theme can never be completely responsive do to the complex code change that will need to be made, like complete re-write of the system.

The Forum alone for 2.1 will act responsive, but not with portals or some mods, ( on Ezportal its ready for 2.1 and can be set to drop, the side panels once the mobile device is detected)

The only way is to re write it and they are going  that way as far I can tell..

this is just to get you site in the Google ranks, not responsive in the word!

regards,'
Maxx

Skhilled

They are not happy about Google changing how they view sites as responsive...nothing to do with you. LOL

See the first link in my last post at SMF...

Maxx

Yea I agree and know this and Google seems to be trying monopolize the internet.

I good go on about what they doing just few things,
Internet news site are up in arms about this and things they have done before this, ,l like place all your media, videos and Pictures so no one needs to visit your site at all in many cases!

the other the Apps, they take the user's where they want them go to see things they are look for, and by passes us entirely. you can on IE one the Widows phone, if you want look at video, its take them directly to U the Tube and not your site... they Big Boys need to slow their roll some.

Every day I get up to work and create and feel it's all in vain... and the smart is not smart if sheep herder.

We no long stand and chance unless the crack down, on this type thing.

And this only my feelings to the subject!
But I'm gonna give, but hope some wake up and speak out!
This not fare by and means!
regards,
maxx

Skhilled

Hopefully, they will not change it again. If they do I think they may start losing support...if they have not already.

Ken.

Installed/Updated my site to 'Responsive Curve (Beta) for SMF 2.0.x' and then checked the Mobile-Friendly Test site and we still show as "Awesome!"   :hah:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

Hmmm, may have something to do with the coding of the themes, etc...

Maxx

The mod only adds to the index.css and rtl,css and some images. but I found that mine get approved by making certain manual edits I mentioned above. But this may not work with all custom themes? I time to check these things out!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Quote from: Maxx on April 24, 2015, 02:57:56 PM
But this may not work with all custom themes? I time to check these things out!

regards,
Maxx
According to SMF, it may not work with some custom themes depending on how they are coded. Other coding changes may be needed in order for it to work. How a mod attaches itself to a theme may also have an effect on it.

Maxx

During install on several site, I found many Theme errors even with the default core theme.... So this may be due to or cause by Portal and or mods installed in the past, But I can not say anything over there with out attitude, so it maybe up to us to sort out,,, or wait a while on it. It's not fare that Googie tries setting the standards for the internet.

That not what the web was intended to do or be used for!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

And Google may change it yet again...  :groan: If they do I'll give up on lit, at least for awhile until they get it sorted.

Maxx

I hear Ya Bro!

I hope some  thing stops them with this way of thinking. We work for free helping others, not for $$ why should they punish us :(

regards,
Maxx

Maxx

I have removed this mod From Logoff.net 2 reasons.

One it enlarges the login button 10 time it's size and I'm not only one, and also My theme I installed there gets the OK from Google rank with out the mod because I've been working responsive stuff on my theme for years now.

I have in my the a responsive  java script and responsive.css, it own jQuery and custom menus.

I have been working toward this stuff foir few years now and Bloc has as well, we discussed these thing for several years at his other site. But not because of Googie , but because the the trends of web and mobile usage!

My custom styles.css  and index.template.php changes I made! hard to explain , but been at it for a long time, post on many site my intentions and everyone more or less ignored me! :)

oh well what the hey!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Yes, the original mod (login button issue) does that to some sites but did not do it to mine for some reason. Anyhoo, the latest version fixes that problem. not sure about other issues...

Maxx

Steve, this is with both version they posted and that 's not my point,  my point is that no one listens to me when ever I discussed or suggest this over and over again! My theme there is at least 2 years old if not more!

It's all about the smf and themes not being updated way back, except mine!

I think my point  just got ignored this time also! :)

regards,
maxx

Skhilled

Well, they claimed to fix it. LOL Funny how it only happens on some sites and not others...the login button issue, hmm...

Yes, I've thought the smf themes should have been changed a few years ago but didn't think they would've listened so I've never posted anything over there about it. I'm still not sure why they are using the core theme when it doesn't work well or with many mods at all...