shout box

Started by beast, November 18, 2016, 09:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

Some of us are getting just a little bit older. I wonder if there is a simple way to make the lettering bigger in the shout box?

:taz:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Well, you can use BBC codes for font size and you can also use the "B" (bold). Otherwise, I guess you'd have to make a change in the coding to make a permanent default change so it looks that way always. I'll look into it and see what I can come up with.

Sorry, I haven't been around as much but the holidays are coming up so I've been a bit busy. The older i get, the more I want to say screw the holidays and take a holiday away from them. LOL

Skhilled

Ok, been reading up on the SimplePortal and SMF forums and the problem is actually a SMF problem with the caching. They should be releasing a new version (SMF 2.0.13) soon but no time frame.

Skhilled

I forgot to mention that disabling SMF's caching may help...

Maxx

May Have something to do with the 2.3.6update ?
When ever I go back to previous page I lose all the content or posts.

Skhilled

Nope, it's SMF caching. It only started after the 2.0.12 upgrade and they have admitted it and will be coming out with an upgrade. This also seems to affect other types of shoutboxes (SMF mods and a couple of standalones) that rely on SMF's caching as well.

nend

There was a stable 2.0.12 but there was a mix up and the wrong rev got released instead. 2.0.13 is put together, however it is being put through its paces at this time.

This is my opinion and the rest of the team may not agree with it though, but don't use 2.0.12 as it comes with a significant performance penalty due to the bug. Wait til 2.0.13.

Skhilled

thanks for the info! However, most people have already upgraded to 2.0.12. This will still be good for those who have not upgraded to it yet. :)