Main Menu

Long Time!

Started by Lord Anubis, September 20, 2014, 01:41:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Anubis

Nice to see your site is still around, and active... Seems like lots of the old sites have closed up shop.  How you been Skilled?

Skhilled

I'm good bro...just working too much.

Yes, many of te old sites have switched to myBB or phpBB cause of all of the SMF issues...very bad support and mods not being updated. It's getting very hard to find quality mods anymore. I've even changed my family site over to phpBB.

Lord Anubis

I hear you on that one, whatever happened to E-Arcade or SMF Arcade...  I have been thinking of changing software due to there not being a supported arcade with good features like Invision Board

Skhilled

I'm not sure what happened to E-arcade. Eric went AWOL for a long time but kept the site up for some unknown reason. Then it went offline.

Niko mentioned that he lost interest in SMF Arcade about 6 months or so before it died because he had other interests...other mods. I assume he just let the domain expire and never renewed it and didn't even bother to tell anyone. So, I got a backup and keep the arcade here in the downloads. I fixed it so it does work with SMF 2.0.8 and Underdog still has addons for it at his site. His name is now Napalm.

http://www.web-develop.ca/

I haven't tried IPB in ages. I do have a phpBB site with a blog, arcade, portal, and gallery...I'm also a beta tester for that portal.

Lord Anubis

SMF sure has been going downhill for a while, all the good coders seem to have left

Skhilled