Windows 10 - update your driver first

Started by Maxx, July 28, 2015, 07:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chen Zhen

I just did my Desktop to Windows 10 today and had driver issues.
Windows installed its own drivers for my PCI-e 4 port USB3.0 hub which was not working properly.
It also installed its own drivers for my Asus USB 3.0 wireless controller which kept shutting itself off.
I just installed the latest manufacturer drivers for both devices (instead of using the MS ones) and have my fingers crossed.

I wish they had a sub-routine during W10 install that checks if the manufacturer driver that was previously installed works properly with W10 and if it does then just use it instead of automatically using their MS drivers.

Skhilled

Quote from: Underdog on August 21, 2015, 08:36:08 PM
I just did my Desktop to Windows 10 today and had driver issues.
Windows installed its own drivers for my PCI-e 4 port USB3.0 hub which was not working properly.
It also installed its own drivers for my Asus USB 3.0 wireless controller which kept shutting itself off.
I just installed the latest manufacturer drivers for both devices (instead of using the MS ones) and have my fingers crossed.

Maxx and I use Asus hardware and had issues with updating drivers bu got around it eventually.

Quote from: Underdog on August 21, 2015, 08:36:08 PM
I wish they had a sub-routine during W10 install that checks if the manufacturer driver that was previously installed works properly with W10 and if it does then just use it instead of automatically using their MS drivers.

Of course, they should do that. But then that would actually make sense.  :rofl1: