Down and uploading

Started by beast, January 26, 2012, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

What error and what game? Or is it doing it for all games?

beast

Its doing it on just some of the games. I though there might be a way that I could fix them all the same way.

:groan:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

The error you get should tell you what the submit scoring should be. Then you'll have to fix each one. Probably happened cause the games were not installed correctly.

beast

Ok I went in to my test site and uninstalled and deleted the outdated skin. Then did the same to v2.5 PDL. Then uploaded v2,5PDL and installed it. No Skin showing. When I installed it there was some that showed in the red. I don't know how to fix them.

:dontknow:

Skhilled

Some what in red? Please be more specific.

First, you should always uninstall the last mod you installed first. You should have uninstalled pdl then the skin.

So, ninstall the pdl mod. Then use this to manually check the code of both mods to see if they are removed.

https://www.smfhacks.com/smf-package-parser.html

Then try installing the pdl mod again.

beast

I tried ever thing you said and it don't work. When I went to uninstall I had some in red that said it won't uninstall. You told me to make sure all the code was removed and I don't know how. I uninstalled the out dated skin and deleted it I uninstalled the v2.5 PDL and there is no skin show with it. There was some diff things show up in the failed before I installed it. Like I said, I don't know how to fix them. I tried ever thing I know. I even crashed my arcade on the test site. If you could fix it for me, I would be thankful

:groan:

Skhilled

You have to use the parser. It will show you what to look for and how to remove it.

A test forum is for you to learn how to fix things. As I've said before, if you break it you just recreate a new one and start over. But it is for you to learn. You will not learn if you don't even try to recreate it.

And I've told you that if you install outdated mods you are on your own.

beast

I tried to use it and I don't know if I'm useing it right or not cause what it tells me I still don't understand

:dontknow:

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on July 01, 2012, 12:12:18 PM
You have to use the parser. It will show you what to look for and how to remove it.

A test forum is for you to learn how to fix things. As I've said before, if you break it you just recreate a new one and start over. But it is for you to learn. You will not learn if you don't even try to recreate it.

And I've told you that if you install outdated mods you are on your own.

I am not worried about my test site. Like you said, I can always make another one. The outdated mod is one you told me to install and then later the PDL. I missed on uninstalling the other outdated one. I'm just trying to get this thing to work.

Skhilled

I did not tell you to install any outdated mod. Please read your pm's (here and on your forum), this topic (and possibly other topics you've started) and possibly topics on your forum. I know I've told you not to do it more than once for different outdated mods you've wanted to install.

The reason why I told you not to install them is because if something goes wrong you will not know how to fix it. I've stated many times, here and on other forums, that I do not install outdated mods (on my forums nor any body else's forum), do not recommend them, and do not help fix them. They are more trouble than they are worth.

Before recommending any mod I always check to see if it is outdated first.

Please re-read this topic.