Down and uploading

Started by beast, January 26, 2012, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

I wanted to let you know that I might be out for a while. There was a death in the family and I don't know whats going to happen.

What I would like to say. On all the post that you show me how to move my site and all that. It would really be good for some one like me to come to your site and see it on your front page where they could go to it and see 1. 2. 3. See Spot Jump. All on one post.
  I know you have taught me a lot of diff. stuff. I know if others had the chance, they would love to know about this site

:happy: :hah:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Quote from: beast on February 16, 2012, 07:58:38 AM
  I wanted to let you know that I might be out for a while. There was a death in the family and I don't know whats going to happen.

I am SO sorry to hear this. I will pray for you and your family.  :(

Quote from: beast on February 16, 2012, 07:58:38 AM
  What I would like to say. On all the post that you show me how to move my site and all that. It would really be good for some one like me to come to your site and see it on your front page where they could go to it and see 1. 2. 3. See Spot Jump. All on one post.
  I know you have taught me a lot of diff. stuff. I know if others had the chance, they would love to know about this site

:happy: :hah:

Sounds like I've got to make another tutorial...good idea!  :bow:

beast

How come when I go to fire fox and put https://www.stumpburner.com/forum in. It says there isn't one? Also when I go to the old site. Isn't suppose to take me to the new one?

:dontknow:

Skhilled

Quote from: beast on February 20, 2012, 08:53:12 AM
How come when I go to fire fox and put http://www.stumpburner.com/forum in. It says there isn't one?

What exactly did it say? I don't what you mean by "there isn't one".

If this only happens in Firefox then something is not right or not set properly with your Firefox.

Quote from: beast on February 20, 2012, 08:53:12 AM
Also when I go to the old site. Isn't suppose to take me to the new one?

Yes, it is. I also left you specific instructions on what to do if it does not work by the next day. I just checked the cPanel redirect again and it is set properly but it is not working as it should. You'll have to contact your hosting about it.

beast

I contacted them and they said it was working perfect. They are doing some more checking. I'll let ya know what they come up with. I tried it on IE and got the same

Skhilled

Something might be going on with your PC. It works for me. Try clearing your cache by holding down CRTL and pressing F5 while holding the CRTL key.

beast

Its working now. I got no idia what was wrong  :rofl1:

:laugh: :hah:

Skhilled

If you do something to your site you should clear the smf cache as well as your browser's cache if nothing has changed. :)

beast

How do I get into my FZ for the new site?

Skhilled

Same as before except go to that subdirectory. Everything above that subdirectory has nothing to do with your site. ;)

beast

I was installing games and it went to a blank page. It tells me

https://www.stumpburner.com/forum/index.php?action=admin;area=managegames;

This has happen to me a few times before and I would like to know how to fix it myself. I'm getting ashamed to keep asking someone to fix it for me

:groan: :pullhair: :brat:

Skhilled

What exactly did you do? I'm not sure how to fix something when I don't know how it was broken.

What games? What kind of games? How did you try installing them?

beast

Quote from: Skhilled on February 21, 2012, 10:48:53 PM
What exactly did you do? I'm not sure how to fix something when I don't know how it was broken.

What games? What kind of games? How did you try installing them?

I went to admin. arcade and then games. I was installing games and ever thing was going alright. Then when I went to install certain other game it took me to a blank page. Go there and you can see what I mean. This has happen to me 4 or 5 times. Ozzie has fixed it before but I'm ashamed to ask him again. I just wish I knew how to fix it myself because I know its going to happen to me again

:groan:

Skhilled

Skhilled

Well, whatever happened it's not doing it now. I think Ozzie may have fixed it.