Down and uploading

Started by beast, January 26, 2012, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Sorry, but I was having net problems here yesterday. :P

Beast, you have to learn to be very specific when something happens. If there is an error (onscreen or in your error logs) take a screen shot of it or write it down. If there are files involved please state which file.

Basically, you would uninstall it as usual, via Packages. If there are any "Test Failed's" it should show you what file(s) and the code needed. Same goes for installing and "Test Failed's".

beast

Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Sent you a PM at your forum.

beast

Ok I did it again. I was uploading games and ever thing was going perfect. I went to upload the game .....youdaconquerory32th...... when I clicked on it to open I double clicked it axadently . It showed up in the upload box so I though ever thing was alright. I tryed to upload and I now have a blank page on the game part of it. I went to CPanel and was going to delete it but I can't find it any where. Why would I get a blank white page and how do I fix it?

:groan:

Here is what I found out

beast

How to fix white screen/failed upload in install menu

« on: July 25, 2010, 03:32:36 AM »
Some arcade games have a large file size and can cause some versions of SMF Arcade to show a blank white screen (or a failed to upload message) when in the Arcade -->  Install menu.
This fix will also resolve the issue of when the auto install can not transfer a specific games gamedata folders contents.

Solution [1]: First try this (skip to solution [2] for gamedata files transfer issue):

Access your site via FTP and delete the zip file of the game you were installing that caused the problem (the file will be located in the Games folder of your main directory - scroll to bottom of folder).
    Unzip the game on your computer into a folder that has the same name as the zip file (... but omit any game_  prefix - if any).
    Using your FTP platform, upload this folder to your Games directory.

Install the game:

Proceed to your Admin --> Games panel of your site and the folder will show up in your games install list.
    Install the game into your arcade.
    If it will not install properly, proceed to solution [2]

Solution [2]: If the arcade still fails to install the game or tells you to transfer gamedata files manually:

Access your site via FTP and delete the zip file of game you were installing that caused the problem (the file will be located in the Games folder of your main directory - scroll to bottom of folder).
    Unzip the game on your computer into a folder that has the same name as the zip file (... but omit any game_  prefix - if any).

If there was a gamedata folder (IBP v3.2 Save type):

Cut it from the folder you created in the above step and paste it onto your desktop (removing it from the game's folder).
    Using your FTP platform, navigate to the gamedata folder on your desktop that you just created.
    You will see another folder inside that matches the game name...   Upload this folder to the following folder on your site:   arcade / gamedata

Transfer Files:

Using your FTP platform, you must copy this game's folder from your pc/mac into your Games directory of your site.

Install the game:

Proceed to your Admin --> Games panel of your site and the folder will show up in your games install list.
    Install the game from this list and it should work properly for you.

Skhilled

Glad you now know how to fix it. :)

beast

I don't. I can find the zip file. Dezzal fix it for me. I haven got to ask him where he founf it at. I look ever where that I know

Skhilled

beast

The test site has the very same blank page. I know now that I don't want to upload any games over 3 mb. If you could tell nme where to find the game zip file on there I would know how to fix it in the future.

youdaconquerory32th

Skhilled

Skhilled

/public_html/test/Games... it will always upload it to /Games

beast

Again, I was looking in the wrong place. All I had to do was look for it at the right place

:blush: :blush: :blush:

beast

How can I fix the games that won't res. your score?

:happy:

Skhilled

What is "res."...reset?

beast

When it won't resgester your score. Ater you play the game and it says sumit your score and you click on it and it comes up with errow and won't do it

:dontknow: