Down and uploading

Started by beast, January 26, 2012, 07:58:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

I've been working on the arcade and got this on my installing games.

Unable to move directories from "/home/stumpbur/public_html/forum/Games/acresofgoldv32/gamedata" to "/home/stumpbur/public_html/forum/arcade/gamedata/acresofgoldv32". Please do it manually!   

I got this before and went in and fixed it. I can't find it any where. I got my test site messed up also. I know I've been a lot of trouble. But you have taught me more in the last month or two then I've learn in the last 10 years. I also know you haven't ask for any $ or anything. I would like to send a small gift after the 1st of the month. Kind of saying   Thank You

:happy:
Thanks [you] for reading my post

Skhilled

Did you ever download and install either of the 2 links from my last post?

beast

Ok I went to both of those links. All I get is your front page. I went to...Installing Gamedata Games... It way above my head. I think I might know what you are talking about, but I know I don't know how to do it.

I installed arcade 2.5 on my test site also. I don't even know which kind of game will install on them. or even how to check to see what kind of game that will. I know that it has to be 644 ? but how do I check it before I try and install it?

:dontknow:

Skhilled

My Bad! something weird is going on here...I'll have to investigate it. But these links will work.

This link is for Underdog's arcade and does not need the 2nd link. You must uninstall the old arcade first.

https://www.docskillz.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item44

This link is to be used with your currently installed arcade:

https://www.docskillz.com/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item45

They will work now.  :baghead:

beast

Ok, I did like you said. I think I followed the instructions right. I still can't load games. When you get time would you take a looksee and see where I am going wrong? Please

:dontknow: :groan:

Skhilled

But what did you do...what did you install? You are not making yourself clear.

Skhilled

I just looked. I'm not sure what you are doing but a lot of the .gifs for the games are not showing.

Wait! You have Jeza skin mod installed. I didn't realize you had the skin installed. My suggestion would be to uninstall all 3 and install Underdog's mod as it works for the gamedata files. As for the skin, it may be causing the problem (it is outdated) or the pdl did not install properly.

beast

Well! I really screw up the test site now and I see where it screw up the main site also, I was trying to install ...SMF_Arcade-2.5_RC2.zip:... on the test site but it messed both sites up

:groan: :banghead: :brat:

Skhilled

Not sure what you mean by it screwed up both sites...

Rebuild the test site. It will be a good learning experience. ;)

beast

OK, Bare with me please. On my home site I have

10.    SMF Arcade    2.5    
11.    SMF Arcade v2.5 PDL Package

installed

On my test site, I have

2.5 RC1.1D

that you installed after I messed it up last time

What do I need to do where I can install games of both types without messing the site up. I know you have told me diff things and I must have a mental block cause its just not restering

:dontknow: :groan:

Skhilled

You don't have to remember if you re-read the topic. ;)

2.5 RC1.1D will install both types of games. :)

You can still add the PDL if you'd like. It will auto post every time you install a game and allow users to download games.

beast

Ok, I tried it on the test site and it work perfect. Should I now uninstall 2.5 and then delete, on my home site and install 2.5 RC1.1D

:happy:

Skhilled

Skhilled

Please keep in mind that an odd game still may not install correctly due to the way the game was coded. But most should work without any problems. :)

beast

Ok on the test site I was going to update SP 2.3.4 to SP 2.3.5 I uninstalled 2.3.4 and messed it up. I went into FZ to try and fix it and found the file, but I don't know what to do with it.   :groan:  At least I'm finding out what I can't do
I humbly bow my head, turning my back and handing you the switch to start the beating  :-[ :'( :'(

If I wanted to update my SP 2.3.4 to SP 2.3.5 How would I go about it?