Member Can't Post

Started by Ronald, January 09, 2013, 10:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ronald

I started up a new board: * Link is no longer valid...

No members as yet. But I have three Admin. and one Admin. says he can not make a post or reply.. Yet while setting up the board he was able to do all this..

Any thoughts and ideas..

Also I was looking for a Mod. that allows Admin. to sign in to others accounts, I thought SMF had this..maybe I'm worong..

Thanks Ron.. :coverface:

Skhilled

Hi Ron! How are ya? :D

1.  Do you have separate permissions for the admins? If so, then check permissions. If not, then either something is wrong with the smf installation or a mod is conflicting things somewhere...

2.  Not sure what you mean by other other accounts...like facebook, pintesrest, google+, etc.?

Ronald

He was OK until today.. Never installed any other Mod.'s

I did add a Page with SP and it is a Password Generator..

Is there a Mod. used to sign in as that member.. I thought SMF had one, darn I was pretty sure I seen one before..

Ron..

Skhilled

Hmmm, maybe the password gen has something to do with it. Check his "additional groups" in his profile and see if he has other groups checked. If so, uncheck them.

QuoteIs there a Mod. used to sign in as that member.. I thought SMF had one, darn I was pretty sure I seen one before..

I still do not understand what you mean unless you are talknig about facebook, etc....

Ronald

No nothing to do with facebook.

I always thought that SMF as a Admin. you could click on a Members name or profile and there was a spot there that allowed you to sign in as that member. This way you can check to see what is happening..

I know I have this with my IPB forum..Could have swore SMF also had this..

I also am finding the same thing happening to me, not being able to post or reply, then it'll go away and you can post..

Very strange

Ron..

Skhilled

Ohhhh! You mean view the forum using their permissions. This is what I was asking. In your profile go to "Modify Profile" then "Account Settings". Click on "Show additional groups". Check one of those to do that. :)

Ronald

It is only affecting one skin..

After removing a couple of Mod.'s it started to work.. So far it's OK.. :cooking:

Skhilled