A Couple Of Arcade Requests

Started by Grammy, May 26, 2016, 10:05:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

These are probably overkill and it's no big deal if you'd rather not mess with them (they might be a pain to implement) but I was wondering about 2 changes to the arcade that might be nice.  (Plus, these might both be skin-related and not specifically arcade-related).   ???

1.)  The area where you edit games (screenshot attached).  Right now, when you assign a category, you have to click Save.  You can't also (while you're there) make changes in Advanced Settings.  If you do, without saving your category first, the category isn't saved.  If you save the category first, the editing window goes away and you have to locate the game again and go back to Advanced Settings (to change game size, confirm scoring method, etc.)  I like to do all these things when I first install a game.  It would be nice if, when you go to the Edit window, the Advanced Settings would either expand in the same window or pop up, so that you could save both your category and your advanced settings in one operation, instead of having to go through the motions twice. 

2.)  Well... this one may be a pain but I do love it.  If you check out games, for instance HERE or HERE the Resize bar is awesome!  It may cause more problems than it is worth to implement it but seriously...  that is so neat!

So...  just putting that out there.  And I know you guys can't drop everything and cater to arcade requests.  I'm just floating it out into the universe, ha! 

Skhilled

You're first request is a very good one, imo! It would definitely make things a lot easier! Great idea!!!  O0

I've not seen that particular resize before. But it is another great idea. However, I'm thinking it may involve quite a bit of recoding. UD would know more about it than I.

phpBB Arcade has a setting so you can resize the screen but it is not "on-the-fly" like that is...

Grammy

Cheers on the first one, ha!   :cheers:

As to the second one, it's exactly that "on-the-fly" aspect of it that I love.  So, fingers crossed!   :happy:

dwd2000

Number 1 was actually a hack on the arcade.info site.
30 years ago I was young and foolish. Now, I'm just young.

Skhilled

dwd2000

Maybe a "Hacks" section is in order here?  :dontknow:
30 years ago I was young and foolish. Now, I'm just young.

Skhilled

Sounds like a good idea but I don't remember most of them and don't think most of them would work if we tried without rewriting them.

UD just incorporates whatever he adds right into the main code.