Big Youtube Change for devices and viewing

Started by Maxx, May 13, 2015, 08:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx

For more information on how what you may view Youtube stuff with please read there policy changes : CLICK

I kinda saw this coming, they add already started this with the necessity of apps to view via mobile devices, I had mentioned this many time in the past, Google is taking over, and monopolizing the web, that was intended to a free vehicle! for the world to share!~ Not good! just not right!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

Well, it's only the software for youtube...pretty much like when Windows no longer supports an older version. So, devices cannot update their software so those will not be able to see the tubes anymore unless they get a new device or upgrade the hardware.

Most devices like ipads, android devices, cell phones, etc. that can update their software will not be affected. Actually, it's not that big of a deal unless they are stealing your info or secretly doing something they shouldn't be doing.

Maxx

My issue, is that many Businesses and small site s are getting hurt, laying off people because they are taking the prospective user directly to the app or youtube, by passing you and you hard work. not to mention, the google displays your content and Media in the search results, so peeps do not need to even leave google to visit you site,  I'm not complaining just to hear myself. If you waste your money making your site mobile ready, it just makes it easy on them to detour your visits to them and where they want you to go a see. so you and do not stand a chance, and are wasting out time trying to spread the word ( free information ) Freedom!

I don't even have one ad on my site, it for the people!

I can see some wanting to make money , but this just not right! it wrong in every sense of the world!

I complain cause this is a big issue with many as well!

regards,
Maxx

Skhilled

I think you are over thinking this a bit. Yes, I totally agree about the ads and the responsive issues and them trying to push things their way. You don't have problems with me on those 2 things.

What they are doing is changing their code to update it. Companies who use web software (something is usually constantly upgraded) AND did not design their products so the software or firmware (software for the hardware) can be upgraded to reflect the ever-changing style of the web, sound like people who were just thinking of here and now (trying to make a quick buck)...not the future of their company nor the future of their consumers.

Companies like the gaming consoles (playstation, wii, etc. who've been around for a long time I might add), tablets, cell phones, smart tv's, etc. had the foresight to realize that software evolves and they need to be able to upgrade it at will. These types of devices are able to update their software and firmware to met the changing demands of the software and hardware they use in their products. Those company's products will not be affected. The ones that are affected are probably old and need to be replaced anyways.

And then you are also talking about companies who are trying to make money off another company's hard work. If they did not design their own products nor own the copyrights/trademarks then they need to keep up or lose it. They made a choice to design their products that way...not Google. Google has every right to make whatever changes it deems fit. If the companies who use Google's products did not think that far ahead then that is their problem. They did not use the web nor the knowledge of the web to it's advantages.

Personally, I would not want a product that cannot upgrade their software somehow. ;) And sooner or later the products we use today will become obsolete and need to be replaced. That's just the way things go. It's not like Google said "This will be the next best thing ever!" then after everyone sinks their money into it a few months later they change it and you have to replace everything...

Maxx

Yea it's like saying the rich did every thing right without sin or corruption or steeling , without give or wanting give back those whom made rich, instead they send our money that we made them overseas starting warts instead start worker here at home And am from a Long line solders and I don't believe for one second their motives for start wars in justified, nor are they being truthful to us, things like these always keep the middle class, poor and homeless out of work while our country we all love, the US falling apart while they give nothing back. lets be honest. The only we hear is how bad it is somewhere else and not here at home land and anyone who tried to make deference get put down dragged through the mud, losing their jobs, family an lives over a wrong word, while those who do damage to millions an get off Scot free!

I'm not saying it should be perfect, that crazy, but things got to change some how. Not for me both those who need to deal with the future. Create Work Not Wars, that where the money goes!

Who gave them the right to control what ever they Please.

Not off topic just backing it up!

Skhilled

It's not about what Google controls, it's about what you choose! You choose to use Google as a search engine or use whatever software it created or owns!

Those companies chose to try to make money off another company instead of making their own products that were not dependent on another company's inventions. They did not do enough research about the products nor the people who use them. Hell, I learned that software changes and the internet changes well over 20 years ago! I've never owned a big company nor ran one but know better than to do that! It's just plain poor judgement.

If someone you choose to follow jumps off a bridge will you do the same? Or will you have one or more backup plans to avoid plummeting to certain doom?

Yes, I totally disagree with some of Google's practices but you can't blame them for a company who followed them and tried to make money off of them and failed for bad leadership! Those companies did not do their research and whom obviously did not have a backup plan. No way to upgrade Google's software or even their own hardware/firmware! That is just bad leadership and bad business. They were probably in it just to make a fast buck and didn't even care about their employees or their clients...so it seems! Who is stupid enough to do those things...or maybe they just didn't care. They wanted a quick buck and then move on. You can't blame Google nor anyone else but the companies themselves for that. That is the reality whether you like Google or not. It was bad judgement on their part.

Ken.

Seems like a simple software update to me and when that happens some old(er) web sites, and/or hardware is sometimes left behind. Hardware that is older than 4-5 years and older will not always be supported, just look at the example of Microsoft... can we really expect Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 to run on an old PC from the 90's? The same for Google and out of date browsers, or web sites, or equipment like phones.

Just my 22ยข ...  :cool2:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Maxx

Sorry Guys. for bring all this forward here, But It not just the one thing but many things they do, and this one was the one that happened to set me off. and they are not the only ones to blame, But I'll leave at that!

I'm cool and it all good!

Back to work like the tiny little ants we are! :)

regards,
Maxx

Ken.

Quote from: Maxx on May 14, 2015, 05:07:39 AM

Back to work like the tiny little ants we are! :)

regards,
Maxx

Actually, that is very true Maxx! Back in my working days I worked for the 'State' (Fla) and sometimes I felt like a very small ant.  :cool2:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

So far, they haven't done anything wrong with it but I'm sure that'll change in the future! LMAO