Site Updates

Started by Skhilled, January 28, 2012, 07:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aura

Thats cos your always busy helping everyone else.

:dancebun:

Siggy and Mega by me

Skhilled

True...but I am starting to spend more time doing things here. ;)

Skhilled

Updated the hosting to PHP 7.1 and now the arcade does not work. Everything else seems to work. So, the arcade will be out of commission until we get testing done for the new version which is why I've switch versions.

Skhilled

The arcade has been fixed and is back up and running! ;D

Skhilled

I've moved a few boards around to make things a bit easier.

Skhilled

You may notice a lot of new unreplied/unread messages when you log in. I've done a lot of house cleaning and have updated or removed incorrect or broken links. Also changed links from "http" to "https".

Ken.

Thanks for the update Steve.  :happy:
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Skhilled

I spent about 2 hours yesterday doing this and don't think I got them all. LOL

Skhilled

I've moved a few blocks around. I've also realized that some of the page links in the blocks on the left either did not work or were not showing as secured. Those are all fixed now.

In the coming weeks, I'll be redoing this site to update a few things as well as remove SimplePortal and add Tinyportal.

Scrubmeister

Looks good from here.  ;D

Skhilled

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on November 24, 2017, 05:03:59 AM

In the coming weeks, I'll be redoing this site to update a few things as well as remove SimplePortal and add Tinyportal.

Nice, that's good to hear Steve.  You opting to use TP1.3? or 1.3R?

Edit: Dare I ask why you are changing portals again?  it's something that always intrigues me, why one gets chosen over another etc, and I know you've used both of those portals over the years.

Skhilled

Well, it appears that SP is not coming back online and currently has no support. I've said in the past I'd like to go back to TP. However, I'm usually too busy helping others or involved in a project (or three) and tend to neglect my own site. LOL

lurkalot

Quote from: Skhilled on November 25, 2017, 05:55:43 AM
Well, it appears that SP is not coming back online and currently has no support. I've said in the past I'd like to go back to TP. However, I'm usually too busy helping others or involved in a project (or three) and tend to neglect my own site. LOL

I know the SP site went down, and it doesn't appear to be coming back any time soon, but is there any official news on this. 

Skhilled

Not that I've heard or am aware of. Sad, it's pretty good software...

Last I've read, the admins seem to be MIA for one reason or another. Since there has been no word from any of them, it looks like a lost cause.